The Prince Shows Part 2

"You're doing it again this year?" Riko continued to write down her notebook, as her father leaned against the door of her room.

"In order to reach their full potential with all eyes on them, they've got to show at least that much courage. And also, there is a very interesting player that I would want to know something more about." Riko smiled at the thought of the orange-haired Prince. Her father merely raised a brow at that.

"You're so reckless. I'm glad you're passionate, but it's not good for your skin. You should rest." Her father suggested.

"Just a little bit more. I still need to finish the second years' individual programs." And with that she continued to work again, hearing her father close the door behind her.

"Well, nothing beats cultivating talent." She smiled to herself.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"I've been waiting for you, you guys." Hiroto and the other first years were finally meeting in the rooftop just as Riko instructed them to the previous day. The trio, Furihata, Fukuda and Kawahara were there as well as Taiga and Kuroko. Hiroto could tell, just at the look on his upperclassman's face that she is up to something.

"I forgot about it, but Monday, the morning assembly starts in five minutes!" Kagami shouted and that also caught Hiro's attention. They'd get scolded because of this, that he was sure. But of course, that didn't stop Riko from actually doing what she had planned for them.

"Hurry up and take it." Kagami reached out his form to her. Hiroto sweat dropped at the gesture. So impatient.

"Before that," Riko crossed her arms over her chest. "I have something to tell you." Everyone is now attentive and focused all attention to her.

"I made a promise, when the captain asked me to be his coach last year. I promised to focus solely on pushing the team towards the national championship. If you don't think you're ready for that, there are other clubs better suited to you."

"What? Of course I'm—" Kagami started.

"I know that you're strong. But I need to know you have something even more important. No matter how hard you practice, "someday" and "maybe" aren't good enough. I need to know you have ambitious goals and the will to accomplish them. Now," Riko pointed to the crowd below them. "Give me your year, class and name. Announce your goals here and now. If you fail to achieve them," Riko grinned.

"You'll come back up here, strip naked and confess your feelings to the girl you love." The first year trios gaped at that, meanwhile Kagami was confused and Kuroko's face remained blank. Hiroto merely blinked in disinterest at the deal.

"All the second years did it last year." The other first years mumbled to themselves about how they haven't heard about it before and something else like that.

"Like I said before, I'm looking for something concrete and reasonably ambitious. You'll have to do better than "play my first game" or "do my best." Kagami then stepped forward with a grin, he liked where this was going.

"This'll be easy. This isn't even a test." Jumping at the railing, he took a deep breath before shouting.

"Class 1-B, number 5, Kagami Taiga. I will defeat the Generation of Miracles, and become the best player in Japan!" Hiroto chuckled at his declaration. Not bad little tiger, not bad. The upperclassmen below looked awe at him again and can't help but grin.

"Who's next?" Hiroto can't help but watch in amusement as the other first years declared their goals. The next one is Kawahara, who actually got kicked by Riko for making his goal a little bit too long and overly-dramatic. Then followed by Fukuda who obviously, in Hiro's opinion, just got tricked into joining the club.

Then there goes Furihata, declaring that he wants to be number one at something to make the girl he liked go out with him. That's actually not quite that bad. By now, only Kuroko and him left. As Riko turned to him, he can't help but feel that she was actually wait for him to go and declare his goal.

Hiroto smiled and walked towards the railing, seeing how Taiga smirked at him, Hiroto turned towards the crowd below. When he showed, a lot of squealing happened.

"Look! It's him! Ichinose-kun!" a girl with exceptionally sharp eyes pointed up the rooftop.

"Uwaah! Even if so far away he still looks so handsome!"

"Kyah! Ichinose-kun!"

The other first years sweat dropped at the squealing, they had expected this since Hiroto is actually quite famous in the school now, especially around the female crowd, they can't help but feel a little envious. Hiroto felt his chest flatter before he took a deep breath before…

"Class 1-B, Ichinose Hiroto, I will make Seirin Basketball Club the best team there is!" Then there was a lot of squealing again.

"Kyah! Ichinose-kun, you're such a prince!"

"So handsome!"

The female crowd was gushing by now, and even more so when Hiroto gave them a hearty wave and finally ended his turn. Riko now asked for the last one.

"Excuse me." Riko jumped and turned towards Kuroko, the last person. It was his turn now, and he was facing the crowd now, but before he could even utter a single word the rooftop door slammed open and the principal came shouting at them. That was how they all now squatted and hear the principal reprimand them for being too reckless and stupid for doing such a thing again. In the end, Kuroko wasn't able to say his goal
T

o Be Continued...