Chapter 4: Another Day Out Again

The next day, Stephanie woke up early in the morning before stiffening at the thought of being inside the basement after being relaxed.

She unexpectedly enjoyed a good dinner last night, using her manners and acting as a well-mannered child.

But she did fall asleep on the chair after having dinner, not recalling what happened with the rest of the memory.

So, taking her chance to look, Stephanie peeked from underneath the blanket she was hiding, noticing she was back in the same room that the butler showed her to.

She was even wearing the same pajamas that Dowager Hatt bought for her while shopping.

It is a long-sleeved light blue shirt with dark blue pants that reached down to her ankles.

Sighing, Stephanie laid her head back down on the soft pillow in relief before deciding to get out of bed.

She fears getting Sir Topham Hatt or Dowager Hatt cross.

Once she had gotten up from the bed and sat on the side, Stephanie glanced down at her hands to check them.

They are still bandaged with new bandages after eating dinner but did need a good change.

They do not sting anymore, and perhaps the scratches have already dried up.

Stephanie ignored the bandages on her hands and switched from her pajamas into her usual clothes.

It was her sweater, a long-sleeve blue shirt, blue jeans, and light pink shoes with sky blue shoelaces.

She stepped out of her room and gently closed the door behind her back before seeing Alice walking down the other side of the hallway, carrying a laundry basket in her hands.

"Hello, Ms. Alice." Stephanie politely greeted her as she walked by her as she followed by her side.

"Good morning, Stephanie." Alice smiled softly. "How did you sleep?"

Pausing, Stephanie thought about her sleeping, rubbing her left arm in thought.

She remembers times when she had to wake up super early and do many chores, unable to sleep much at night.

"I slept well, Ms. Alice." Stephanie smiled. "I suppose Sir Topham Hatt is waiting for me downstairs?"

"Yes, he is," Alice nodded her head. "You should eat breakfast first, though. It helps your energy."

Stephanie smiled and quickly hugged her around the waist before releasing and saying, "Thank you," and went down the stairs.

Alice paused for a moment after Stephanie hugged her, as Reginald came over, glancing down at Stephanie as she stepped down the stairs, saying, "She is very well-mannered."

"I know," Alice smiled softly. "Her foster-father taught her very well."

Stephanie was slightly saddened after hearing the conversation between the two before changing her mood as she turned around the corner, stopping when she saw Sir Topham Hatt instead of Dowager Hatt.

"Ah, Stephanie," he smiled as Reginald came over and pulled a chair out for Stephanie. "Come here. There's something I want to tell you."

Stephanie's stomach churned with worry, but she did not express her concern and walked over to the chair, sitting down on it as Reginald pushed her chair in.

"Since I may be busy today," Sir Topham Hatt continued, as Stephanie politely placed a napkin on her lap to eat. "And the maids and Reginald might be busy taking care of you too. I have been thinking since last time did not go as well as we planned, maybe you would like another try of having a look around Sodor?"