Chapter 18: The Hauntings of Sodor

After being found by the Logging Locos on Misty Island, everything was back to normal.

However, Stephanie was unexpectedly apologetic for her accident towards those people and engines for almost scaring them half to death.

Luckily, Sir Topham Hatt was patient with her and accepted her apologies, assuring her that nothing serious had happened to her and it was the Troublesome Trio's fault.

The Troublesome Trio received a harsh scolding from Sir Topham Hatt and 'promised' to not do it again to Stephanie.

But after that, some strange things started happening after Percy's mail run during the night.

It was a moonlight night, and Percy went to collect the mail, with his trusty lamp and his driver and fireman.

So off Percy went, adventuring through the night and heading towards his destination to deliver the mail.

However, a few hours or more later, as everyone was getting ready to go to sleep, Percy suddenly zoomed back into Knapford without the mail train behind him, looking petrified and his paintwork as pale as his face.

He refused to leave his shed after running back, claiming that he had seen a ghost, obviously ignoring the groans from Gordon and James that 'it was bedsheets.'

But in the morning, Thomas asked Percy the same question, wondering what he saw that night.

As Percy was doing an animal delivery, Thomas asked as he stopped at one of his stations with Annie and Clarabel behind him, "Percy? You said you saw a ghost last night. What was the ghost?"

Percy hesitated to tell Thomas, knowing that he was about to brush it off, thinking that it was his imagination, but he eventually answered, "It looked like Casey Jr."

"What?!" Thomas and Percy watched some trucks pushed forward in a hard shove, seeing a surprised Casey Jr. "Me?! You saw a ghost lookin' like me?"

He pointed to himself with a piston as the window of his cab opened a little, as his engineer poked her head out.

"Yes," Percy nodded. "But you are painted dark blue and red, but this one was almost rusted and..."

Percy's voice trailed off as he shivered, closing his eyes as his skin paled a little.

"What?" Thomas asked, sounding worried for his friend. "'Rusted and' what?"

Percy only continued to be silent after Thomas asked, moving away from him as he went to do his chores.

Casey Jr noticed the same thing, humming softly to himself as he placed a piston against his chin, looking to be in thought.

Soon, Casey Jr was in Knapford Shunting Yard, pushing trucks around a little slower than usual, looking to be deep in thought about something.

"Hey, Casey?" Moon spoke, poking her head out of the window of his cab. "What's wrong?"

"It just somethin' Percy said," Casey Jr answered. "He said that the ghost he saw looked like me."

Casey Jr paused after explaining what Percy said, asking, "Do you think he could've seen one of my brothers instead?"

That seemed to confuse her a little, pausing as she thought to herself about the question.

"Excuse me?" Casey Jr perked after hearing the voice, glancing around in confusion. "Over here, sir!"

Casey Jr followed the voice and came over to a brake van in the yard with Bradford, the previous brake van they almost accidentally shunted.