Chapter 1: The Arrival On The Island Of Sodor

This story takes place on an island full of magic and mystery that no man could ever solve.

The island, however, may be far away from where the eye can see, and if you are lucky by chance, you might reach it.

Some people think the island is a hoax and do not believe it could be real or filled with magic.

However, other people believe there is magic on that island and claim to have been there before.

Although the island may not be on the map if you want to look, the island is near England, or sometimes called the Mainland.

The island in this story is called the 'Island of Sodor' and is populated by machines of various kinds.

Those machines can either fly, zoom across roads and the plains, or speed along the railroad tracks.

The island is not always full of machines on the island, however.

There are a reasonable number of people living on the island who are called Sudrians.

Everyone on the island of Sodor worked their hardest each day as the machines worked alongside them.

Locomotives puffed around the island, taking people to their stations, deporting items to other machines to fix them when they had broken down, and delivering mail to people to read about their loved ones.

Other machines work their hardest to make themselves useful, too, operating throughout the day.

But there was a twist about the machines working on Sodor with humans.

They are all alive and have minds of their own, with their own personalities and even faces too!

But everything is not all the same without the many adventures many people have experienced, along with countless rescues and daring challenges.

On a sunny Monday morning, things started as usual on the island until a sudden, unexpected change took place.

An express locomotive was coming over to pick up a controller's 'special guest' who came over to see how things were going on the railway.

As the express ship approached Brendam Docks before the express locomotive arrived, people disembarked the boat and waited for the locomotive to pick them up.

But deep within the crowd, one person looked different from the others.

That person was the 'special guest,' who was expected to visit one of the controllers from one of the railways.

The 'special guest' wears a green dress and a green hat, with a gold band and a red flower on the side.

She also has fair skin, steel-blue eyes, and white hair in a bun beneath her hat, slowly graying from age.

The 'special guest's' name is Dowager Hatt, and she is the controller's elderly mother.

Dowager Hatt came to Sodor to check on her son's progress on the railway line and find out if he needed any help or ideas from her to expand it.

There, she met the 'unexpected change' that had disembarked from one of the cargo ships with no one else noticing.

She was just about to walk over to the line of people waiting for the locomotive to come when she heard something fall over from her right side.

Confused, she glanced over to see what had fallen, thinking she had accidentally bumped into someone's luggage, only to see a little girl inches away from where Dowager Hatt was standing.

She has pale ivory skin but was tanned to a limestone color on the back of her arms with long, messy hazelnut brown hair that possibly reaches down to her ankles.