Chapter 21: Relatives

A few weeks have passed since Gordon learned his lesson from teasing too much, and Gordon does tease, but it was not much to make someone's feelings either hurt or angry at him.

During those weeks, Stephanie continued learning more and more about the island itself.

She read about the history, most of the famous locomotives, and the kings and queens used to rule over it.

All the legends about them seemed to perk Stephanie's attention the most, causing her to ask many questions about the leaders, infuriating the Troublesome Trio.

They did not like how clever Stephanie was, asking many questions about them and even giving excellent answers, despite mistaking most of them.

Mason was the most irritated out of them all, claiming himself to be the smartest one out of the three.

He listened to the answers and questions Stephanie asked, scowling at her from the back of her head.

After school, Stephanie headed over to where the group was waiting for a locomotive to pick them up.

But before Stephanie could meet with the others, the Troublesome Trio came and purposely bumped into her, causing her to look over at them.

"Listen here, freak!" Mason hissed, showing rage in his eyes as he stood in front of her. "I'm the smartest person here, so you don't ruin my opportunities!"

A confused expression appeared on Stephanie's face after he hissed, asking, "What do you mean? You barely move your hand up."

This seemed to tick Mason off more as he yelled, "Just because you were sitting in front of me doesn't make you look smart to push me off t-!"

Stephanie reached up with her hand and gently pinched her lips together with her two fingers, confusing him as he stopped talking.

"What makes you think I am doing that?" Stephanie asked in confusion as she shrugged. "I'm not pushing anyone around. I am just a responsible student doing schoolwork to be prepared for the future."

That confused Mason more as she released his lips, saying, "If you want, I could move seats after asking permission from the teacher, and you could have a turn with answering questions."

With that, Stephanie turned around and walked away, coming over to the group and meeting up with her friends, as they looked surprised that she shut one of the Troublesome Trios.

"Are ye thon brave enouch tae dae thon tae him?" Alastair asked, sounding surprised at Stephanie's bold move.

"Well, yes," Stephanie bluntly answered with a shrug of her shoulders. "He wouldn't stop complaining about how smart I am. It's just I have learned a lot, but not enough to be like Albert Einstein."

After answering Alastair's question, Stephanie noticed Edward was coming to pick the kids up, seeing that nothing had happened to Stephanie, to his relief.

"Hi, Edward!" Stephanie beamed, waving her hand. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you," Edward answered, chuckling a little. "Climb aboard."

Stephanie nodded and waited in line as the children boarded his coaches, having her turn to hop into the coaches.

But just as she was stepping on the coach, something made her left leg slip and caused her to trip as Stephanie yelped but luckily grabbed the side of the cushion.

"Are you alright?!" Davi asked, reaching over to Stephanie and helping her up to her feet, sitting down on the chair.

"Yeah, my foot slipped." Stephanie nodded, looking at her leg as the door closed.