Chapter 14: Meeting The Duke

On Saturday, Stephanie was sitting in her room, wearing a long-sleeved, light blue shirt with a pair of black tights and white socks.

She was staring at the crumpled piece of paper in her hands, which had a drawing of a child, showing him making fun of a picture of her, crying.

Stephanie was half confused about this strange drawing given to her by Mason from school but shrugged to herself and placed the picture back into the drawer of her table stand.

After placing the drawing back into her drawer, Stephanie continued thinking to herself as she sat on her bed, tapping her legs with her fingers.

Her back was still sore from carrying all the rocks in her backpack filled from Mason and his 'friends.'

But she was lucky to escape the wrath of Jessica and her cronies after getting into 'trouble' with them.

Stephanie smiled a little at the kindness Reginald had, grateful for him handing her a bracelet for good luck.

Pushing her glasses into place, Stephanie was about to stand from her bed to carve something to get her boredom away when a knock came from her door.

"Who's there?" Stephanie called the figure from behind the door.

"It's Sir Topham Hatt." Sir Topham Hatt responded. "Would you like to come with me to visit Mr. Percival?"

Stephanie's curiosity perked after Sir Topham Hatt asked before answering, "Sure! Let me put my shoes on first!"

Stephanie collected her shoes and blue jeans pants after Sir Topham Hatt called her before opening the door once they were on her feet and her pants replacing her black tights, excited to see more railways.

Once they were in Sir Topham Hatt's car, Stephanie glanced around a few times to see where they were going, slowly calculating which area of the map and the railways.

Since she was taught how to make maps, Stephanie could tell that this railway was near a mountainside, which seemed to be an extraordinary place to be at.

After reaching one of the stations, Stephanie, Sir Topham Hatt, and his helpers stepped out as a familiar person stepped out of the station.

To Stephanie's surprise, he looked almost identical to Sir Topham Hatt!

But this conductor looked a little different from Sir Topham Hatt himself.

He has short jet-black hair, fair skin, and light brown eye color.

He is dressed in a black suit jacket with gray trousers, a yellow waistcoat, a white shirt, a black tie, and a black bowler hat instead of a top hat like Sir Topham Hatt.

When he noticed Stephanie standing next to Sir Topham Hatt, blushing a little shyly, he pushed his brown, half-moon glasses into place.

"Erm, Topham?" he politely asked, mentioning her as Stephanie looked confused. "Is she your daughter?"

Sir Topham Hatt sighed as he pinched his nose bridge as his helpers chuckled as Stephanie giggled, covering her mouth with a hand.

"No, she is just staying in my mansion until her foster-father comes here to pick her up, Percival." Sir Topham Hatt explained.

Stephanie blushed again after Sir Topham Hatt explained, feeling a little sheepish about being the center of attention with everyone else.

"Ah, I see." Mr. Percival nodded. "Let's go inside and talk about the conversation we had earlier."

Stephanie was about to follow them into the station with curiosity about what the conversation was until she heard an unusual snore that caught her attention.