act 2: vii. plans

i always forget to update this story lol
//

"Woah, grandma's a psychic!" Aurora exclaims excited. She looks up at her grandmother and smirks. "When is my birthday?"

"Uh... sweetie, that's not exactly future knowledge." Austin's mother, Mimi (a/n: i just realized i never actually said austin's mother's name lol), chuckles as she pats the girl's head.

"Maybe your psychic abilities are making me nauseous," Ally groans while leaning against the table, her eyes shut. "I haven't stopped throwing up since I woke up."

"Mom, we're all psychics," Amelia points out while rubbing her back.

Aurora's eyes widen. "I'm psychic?"

"Can you hear me?" Aria asks through her mind, looking at her while she drunk her orange juice.

Aurora grins and nods. "Cool!"

"That's telepathy, sweetie."

"Okay, that doesn't mean you guys all talk behind my back now," Austin grumbles as he gives her mother and wife both mugs of tea.

The three of his daughters giggle while Ally grunts as she sips the tea. She frowns at the beverage and looks up at Austin. "You didn't put any honey in."

"I put three teaspoons of honey, Ally."

"I want more," she says with pleasing eyes. Austin rolls his eyes as he takes the mug, to which Ally grins at. "Thank you, love."

Mini irks her eyebrow. "Zay and Hope are here?"

Ally irks her eyebrow at her mother-in-law. "What, like, now? Or are you predicting—"

She's interrupted mid-sentence by a zip! going right past them. Aria gasps and goes invisible at the sudden event.

As the blur stops, Zay stands in front of them with a grin as static reflects off of his body.

"Zay, stop running so fast. You're going to make me throw up all over the table," Ally grunts, placing her head down. Only, she gags and quickly sits up, holding her mouth. Ally moves from her seat and hurries out of the room.

"Your shirt is burning," Aurora points out causally as she ate the eggs on her plate.

Zay looks over at his shoulder and his eyes widen as he spanks out the small flame. "Thanks, kiddo."

Hope and Zyra enter the dining room as well, with Hope holding Cai in her baby carrier.

To everyone's surprise, Zyra drags her way over to Aria's chair and sits in her chair next to her, not even giving anyone a greeting or asking could she sit with Aria.

She looks at Aria's orange juice as the girl starts to completely fade back into view. "Can I have some of your orange juice?"

Aria frowns at her but nods, pushing over the glass. "Are you okay?"

Zyra's eyes fill with tears as she shakes her head and simply grabs the orange juice to gulp it.

"I don't know if this makes sense, but Zay, like, stole Zyra's speed," Hope says, looking over the table of warlocks. "Where's Ally?"

"I'm right here," she grunts as she comes back into the dining room. Ally goes right back to sitting as she puts her head down. "Ugh, I feel horrible. So what's the problem now?"

"Well, when we got up this morning, Zay nearly burnt our house down because he's been running faster than ever. At first, he thought he had just gotten faster overnight, but when Zyra woke up, she had no speed."