x. flare of red

*

edited version

"Good morning, Ally," a kitchen worker says as Ally comes down the stairs, making her way to the kitchen. The both of them bow to each other, it becoming a formal thing with her still not knowing the knowledge behind it. "Austin told me he'd like you to meet him by the pond this morning. Didn't tell me why, though."

Ally nods, turning back and heading towards the exit. The guards bow and Ally smiles and does the same as they greet her good morning.

"She's nice. Wish we were under her authority most times." She hears, making yet another smile creep on her face as she steps outside.

She takes in the fact that it was a bit chill than usual and pulls her sweater closer to her body as she stepped down the stairs. Ally goes up to the fruit stand in the center part of the village, grinning at the elder lady. "Good morning, Granny Hena."

The small lady looks at her, her eyes brightening as she looks at the magical woman. "Ally, my dear! How are you?"

"I'm great," she smiles, looking over at all of the fruits and grabs an apple. She dishes in her pocket and pulls out a golden coins, handing it to the lady. "Thank you."

"Oh, my dear, an apple doesn't cost nearly the price of one golden," the elder smiles gratefully. "At least let me give you a basket."

Ally shakes her head, deciding her offter. Though, she looks at the small bowl of strawberries and grabs it, giving a small smile. "This is all. I haven't eaten breakfast yet," Ally speaks, smiling at the old lady before reaching over and kissing her cheek. "Have a good day, Granny. Stay warm"

"I surely will. Thank you, my dear."

Ally continues on her way, smiling through the village. She munches on the strawberries. Hena always picked the sweetest fruits. She was the oldest their village had, but she would never stop working at her small stand. The woman was adorably strong.

Ally watches as the small children of the village play around with each other, blabbing and blabbing. She wants little children, with Austin. Ally wonders if she would send her children to sleep, since it was supposedly part of the cycle. But her sister has a child and Ally's not sure if it's her first or not.

As she reaches the pond, she notices the blond male not here, making her frown just a bit. She takes a seat on the ground by the pond, waiting for the ducks to show as she munched on the strawberries. They finally show by the time she's done with the strawberries and is on to munching on her apple. "Good morning, mother duck. Children ducks."

The mother duck quacks while the little ones chirp after it, making Ally smile as she watched them swim in a circular moment.

"You have such a small attention span, but I find it endearing." A voice says from behind her, making Ally turn and look up with a and grin. She stands from her spot, smiling at his figure.

He grabs her waist to pull her close before pressing a blissful kiss on her lips. Ally responds just as soft, resting her hands on the nape of his neck, before he pulls away. "Good morning, my lady."

Ally smiles. "Good morning. What did you like?"

"Well, Rick called me to his workshop at, like, two in the morning to do something, and I think you'll like the end result," he grins, moving his hands from her waist to her small hands. He chuckles as she intertwines their hands. "I know you already asked me to marry me. Sort of. But I wanted to ask again. This time, a little more... properly."

"How's there a proper way to ask permission to married?" Ally asks, scrunches her eyebrows together in confusion. "Is it a village tradition?"

"Hm. You could say that," he laughs, squeezing her hands before getting down on one knee, making her even more confused. "Just let me speak."