xvii. preparations

um... it's been 3 years almost. hi.

"Catch out this new trick," Zay grins brightly at Hope and Izabel as he got into his running stance. "I've been practicing it all week."

They were in the training building, practicing for an upcoming tournament. Even though Zay didn't compete, it gave him a lot of room to be in the perfect environment and run. Izabel was told not to compete until she completely understood her full power potential, and she understood. Hope, well, she new her powers but joined along just to be with Zay.

Zay zooms off around the ring and they watch him go around a few times before he kind of just... disappears.

Hope gapes while Izabel looks impressed. "Wow. He finally did it."

Hope looks to the pale girl. "Did what?"

"He's been practicing this thing where he goes so fast he disappears from the average eye," Izabel explains. "He should be viewable in about—"

She stops talking at the sight Hope stumbling back and now a human embracing her. Izabel rolls her eyes as she watches her brother kiss her newly found friend. "Now."

"Nice trick, but next time, less lips." A voice says that makes Zay smirk and pull away from his girlfriend.

"Don't you have a wedding to plan?" He asks, smirking at his father figure as he continued to hold Hope.

"We finished with that but don't you have another daughter to hold that isn't mine?" A voice says that makes Hope forcibly push him away.

Zay flies across the room and Izabel sniffles a laugh. Hope gapes and looks at her boyfriend. She had forgot she had strength potential. "Sorry."

Marie chuckles and shakes her head. "Hope, I was just kidding."

"You're alright with me having a boyfriend?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"You're a teenager, sweetie. I'm fine with you having a little boyfriend. Especially since I know the boy." Marie explains, coming closer to ruffle her hair.

Izabel crosses her arms and shakes her head. She then turns to Marie with a slight smile. "By any chance, have you figured out a way to bring my pigmentation back? I'm tired of being gray with crystal eyes."

Marie chuckles sadly and shakes her head. "No, I haven't, sorry. But I have noticed that when you're just sitting at the fireplace or eating or even sleeping that you become more red. Maybe it has something to do with being warm or relaxing, because it doesn't seem permanent."

"Where's Lian?" Hope asks her mother while glancing around. "She doesn't usually leave your side."

"She's with Ally. I think she's fine with Ally because we look alike," Marie shrugs, shaking her head. "But I came to find you to tell you I need to check on our village."

Hope frowns. "But we just got here. The wedding's tomorrow."

"I know. That's why I'm trusting you to stay here and behave while I head back. I'll be back before the wedding, so just watch over Lian and don't cause too much trouble."

Hope grins and hugs her mother tightly. "Yay! Thank you, mom! I promise I'll behave."

"Mhm. Of course you will."

———

"Hey," Austin speaks softly as he finally finds his soon-to-be-wife with Lian at the pond. "The maidens need you at the castle to get your dress... what are you guys doing?"