Chapter 18: Andy

Louis and I had scheduled our shifts for the next day to be at the same time. Going to work was the last thing either of us really wanted to do, and Louis really wasn’t ready for his holiday break to be over at the end of this week. The day passed uneventful and boring, we agreed to not let our relationship be known at work because we didn’t want to get talked to about a “relationship in the workplace” and get watched more to make sure we weren’t doing any PDA. We were both scheduled to work every day that week and by the time we got off each night we were tired and hungry. Sometimes we would go to my place and other times his place, and a couple times we just went our separate ways because we were too tired to do anything. On Thursday I got home around nine, ready to just pop a TV dinner in the oven and go to sleep. When I got to my door, Andy was just leaving Liam’s and he looked up at me and said, “Hey, how’s the ankle?”

“Annoying, thanks. How are you?”

“Not bad…I brought my stuff if you want me to replace your cast,”

“Sure, that sounds great, why don’t you get it and you can just come in when you come back up,”

He went out to his car and I got my dinner ready. With my back aching, I collapsed on the couch and closed my eyes. My door opened and Andy came in with a bag.

“Do your magic, doc,” I said as he sat down by my feet and put them in his lap. He took my old cast off and said, “Well it’s looking better. It really could have been a lot worse. I would say you could put a boot on in about two or three weeks if it keeps getting better like this,”

          I yawned and said, “That’s good, I can’t wait to get rid of those stupid crutches,”

“Long day?” he asked as he started making my new cast.

“Mhm. Lots of people buying self-help books to help with their New Year resolutions,”

“What’s yours?” he inquired.

“I don’t have one,” I said, “I never stick with it anyway. Once I was going to work out every day for thirty minutes. It lasted about fifteen minutes all together,”

He chuckled, “You don’t have to worry about that, you’re hot already,”

I smiled a little but made sure it didn’t reach my eyes.

          “So you and Louis, huh?” he asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Yeah, me and Louis. I’ve never been happier,” I said.

“I’m a little surprised, I have to admit,” he said.

“Why?”

“I don’t know, I guess he just always seemed a bit…girly, if you know what I mean,”

I scowled at him and said defensively, “No. I don’t know what you mean. But I do know that we are very happy together and I wouldn’t want to be with anyone else,”

          He raised his eyebrows and smiled, “You sure?”

“What kind of question is that, of course I’m sure!”

“Alright. I just thought if you were wanting someone who could give you a little….more…”

I was angry now, and I wished he would finish wrapping the stupid gauze around my stupid foot.

“No, I’m perfectly happy with Louis and everything he gives me!”

Andy finished wrapping the gauze around the new cast and I pulled my legs off him. “I think you should go,” I said standing up to open the door for him. Before I could reach the handle he grabbed my wrist and said, “Final offer…”