Episode Ten

Everywhere you looked, there was nothing but emptiness all around you. 

"Where am I?" You try to move, but the sound of chains clink together and pulls you back. "What's going on!?"

You look down, finding shackles around your wrists and ankles and chains wrapped around your arms and legs. You struggle to get yourself free, but nothing worked. 

The sound of Zabuza's laughter echos all around you, sending chills down your spine. 

"No," you speak softly, "you're dead. I watched you die; this is all in my head."  You shake your head furiously, blocking out the sound of his laughter. 

"Y/n." A voice calls out to you. A voice that you've never heard before and yet was so familiar. "Help me find you y/n." 

The chains and the shackles then start to pull you back further into the dark. Again, you scream for help, but this time it seemed that no matter how hard you tried, nothing could come out. Again, you fight back against the chains, but this time every time you moved against them, they burned into your skin. 

A tear rolls down your cheek as you start to think that there was no hope. That is until a flash of orange, yellow and red light appears in front of you. The sound of a falcon coming from the light and burst of heat brushing against your skin, melting the chains and the shackles. 

The bird of flames from your dreams flaps its wings as it flies in front of you. It seemed bigger than the last time you've seen it, and it seemed more welcoming. You reach out to touch it, but it backs away from your touch. 

"You must wake up," a woman's voice echos all around you, "I won't be able to keep you safe from the bad man for much longer in here. So wake up and finish your mission in the outside world." 

Everything starts to fade away as your eyelids start to get heavy slowly. You wanted to stay longer, to find out more about the bird that was right in front of you. But you couldn't fight against the weight pressing against you anymore, and everything goes dark. 

________________________________________________________________________________

You slowly wake up, looking up at the ceiling of a room you were not familiar with; your head was a little light-headed. You turn your head and see that it was sunny outside, hearing people talking just outside the room. 

How long have I been out, you think to yourself, and you slowly sit up. Kakashi was lying on a mat that was next to yours, looking up at the ceiling. 

"Kakashi, are you alright?" You turn towards him with a concerned look on your face. 

"I'm alright, Y/n," he says, "I just overdid it with my Sharingan, that's all." He turns his head towards you. "What about you? I heard you passed out as I did too." 

"I'm fine. A little lightheaded, but that's about it." 

"Looks like you're both awake," a woman says as she walks into the room. You didn't recognize her, but it seemed that Kakashi was calm around her, which means that she wasn't a threat. 

"How are you guys feeling?" 

"Been better," Kakashi responds to her, "it'll be a week before I can move normally." Kakashi winces as he sits himself up. 

"You said that you were alright, Kakashi," you say as you glare at him. 

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I'm feeling one hundred percent." 

You sigh with disappointment, and he chuckles. "You are like your mother."  

"What about me Kakashi," you hear your mother's voice say as she and the rest of your team turn around the corner. You try to sit up, but she holds her hand up, telling both you and Kakashi to lay back down.