Episode Fourteen

Haku recognized the young boy that showed up on the bridge with you. That day when he met Naruto alone in the forest, Naruto was left defenseless. Naruto had sparked his curiosity back then, but now he'll get to see what this 'soon to be strong' ninja is.

As well as seeing what you, an Akumatsu, are capable of.

"Alright," Naruto shouts, "you're history!" He makes the hand sign for his signature jutsu, Shadow Clones. "Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

Hitori and Kakashi catch a glimpse of what Zabuza was planning in his eyes. It was nothing good.

"No," Kakashi yells just as Zabuza throws multiple shurikens at Naruto.

"Naruto, move," your mother screams, "get out of the way!"

Naruto's focus was thrown off when he heard them yelling at him, spotting the shurikens flying through the air towards him. His eyes widen, his movements frozen in shock as he tries to think of a way to intercept the attack.

You jump in front of him, holding up your kunai knife, ready to either deflect or take the hit for him. But there was no impact. The shurikens didn't even reach their goal.

Haku deflected the spinning stars with his throwing needles, shocking everyone, including his mentor.

You watch the weapons collapse to the ground in front of the two of you. "Naruto, are you okay," you ask as you turn your gaze back at Naruto.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he says, "thanks for jumping in."

"No problem."

"Naruto, what are you doing," Sakura shouts at him, "are you crazy!?"

"This is a battle, not a talent show," Kakashi says, "don't let your opponent see your jutsu!"

Naruto starts to feel bad about what happened. Even though Kakashi was trying to discipline him during this battle, it wasn't his fault. Both your mother and Kakashi had let their guards down around Zabuza, allowing him to make an attack.

"I'm so sorry, sensei," Naruto shouts as he grabs and shakes his head, "I just wanted to help everyone."

"It's alright, Naruto," Hitori says as she gets in front of Zabuza, keeping him from moving any closer to you and Naruto. "But there is one thing I am quite curious about." She glances over at Haku, who had his attention on both you and Naruto.

"Haku," Zabuza growls at his follower, "just what do you think you're doing?"

Haku stands up straight, still keeping his focus on the two of you. "Zabuza," he says in a calm, smooth tone, "this boy and the demon girl. Let me fight them. My way, please."

"Tch, bring it on," Naruto says as his hands bunched up into fists.

"Naruto, wait," you say as you hold a hand out in front of him as Haku takes a step forward. Both you and Haku look at each other face to face, eye to eye. The tension between the three of you grew bigger and bigger.

"Hmph," Zabuza says as he turns his head away, "so you're telling me to stay out of this, are you Haku?" Haku stays silent in response to him. "As usual, you're too soft."

Haku lowers his head down. "Forgive me, master."

Sasuke was confused about how Haku was 'soft.' But even though he was covered in cuts all over his body, Haku did not hit not a single vital spot. So to him, it was like Haku was toying with him, and he was afraid and angry that he would do the same to you.

"Hey, I'm warning you," Naruto yells as he points at Haku, "if you mess with us, we're going to rip off that mask of yours and beat you to a pulp!"