Episode Eleven

"Ow! Damn it," you scream out as you fall onto your back and breath heavily. Everyone was exhausted from training. Sakura was the only one that managed to have perfect control of her chakra so far. You seemed to be getting the hang of it, but you weren't any better than Sasuke or Naruto. 

"Y/n, you need focus a little more, just like when you're training with Kakashi and me," your mother says as she sits on one of the tree branches, watching over our every move. 

"Shut up, mom, I can do this," you say as you sit up and rub the spot on your back that you landed on. Everyone was exhausted, even Sakura, who was even better at this than you other three. 

Naruto had head bumps on top of head bumps from constantly falling on the same spots on his head. Sasuke seemed beat up and drained from using too much of his chakra, and Sakura was lying against a tree stump catching her breath. 

"I think it's time that we call it a day for now," Kakashi says, and you and the others look at him. 

"No, I can keep going," Naruto yells at him as he stands back up. 

"You'll drain the rest of your chakra and energy and collapse before getting the chance to make another try. Rest and build your energy up again." 

"He's right Naruto," you turn around and push yourself back up as you breathe heavily. "We should take a break. It's getting late, and we're all at our breaking points." 

"Well, isn't the whole point of this training to break our breaking points?" Naruto jumps up and groans as his whole body aches. 

"Today, you've learned how far you can go before your chakra runs out," Hitori says as she gracefully lands on her feet after jumping off the tree, she was on. "You can continue to push your limits tomorrow, either with each other or on your own. Your choice." 

She brushes past you and the others, making brief eye contact with Kakashi before leaving the training area. Was she planning something that only Kakashi knew or suspected? Whatever it was, it didn't give you a good feeling. 

"Alright," Kakashi says as he turns his attention onto you and your squad, "lets all head back get something to eat." 

"Sounds good to me," Sakura says as she stretches her arms and legs, "I'm starving. What about you, Sasuke?" 

Sasuke ignores her, looking up at the tree training his chakra control, which disappointed Sakura. 

"I know I'm hungry, Sakura," Naruto says, trying to get close to Sakura, "how about we head back together? We can walk side by side-" 

"As if Naruto." Sakura storms off back towards the house, and Naruto chases after her. 

Kakashi turns towards you before following them behind. "Are you and Sasuke coming," he asks. 

"Um, we'll catch up with you later," you reply to him, and in response, he nods his head, and he walks off with the help of his crutches. 

You turn and face Sasuke, picking at your nails a little as you try to think of something to say to him. He didn't even bother to face you as he pushes himself up from the ground, let alone speak a word towards you. He must still be upset about you seeing him with his guard down. 

"Sasuke." You take a step closer to him. "I...I want to apologize for what happened last night." 

"Why should you apologize," he says as he dusts himself off, "you didn't do anything wrong." He lets out a wince and raises his right arm to look at his injury from the fall. 

"Come here, let me take a look at your arm." You walk up to him and carefully touch his arm. He didn't seem to react to you touching it, but you could tell that the injury gave him a burning sensation in his arm. "It doesn't seem too serious, just a small cut."