Episode Nineteen

"What is all this Gato," Zabuza says to Gato as he turns his gaze onto him and his goons. "Why are you here, and who are these thugs you brought with you?"

Gato chuckles a little. "Well, you see, there's been a change of plans," the small corrupted businessman says as he taps his cane on the ground. "According to the new plan, you will die right here on this bridge."

"Y/n what's going on over there," Sakura asks you as she sits herself up a little, trying to see what was going on over where Kakashi and Hitori were.

"I think our battle with Zabuza is over," you respond to her, as your body trembles a little from your adrenaline slowly running out from the battle. "But I think we have much bigger problems on our hands."

Gato casually walks up to Haku's lifeless body in the middle of his path to Zabuza. He looks down at the body, a snarky grin on his face.

"That reminds me," he says, "this little brat nearly broke my arm." He nudges Haku's face with his foot, slightly pushing it. "I've been meaning to repay you for that." He then kicks Haku's body, both you and Naruto gasping as you see him abuse the boy's body like it was nothing but a rag doll.

"Get away from him, you scum," Naruto screams out as he breaks into a run towards Gato. Kakashi quickly grabs him by the back of his jacket, keeping him from moving further.

You went to take a step forward to break into a run as well. "Y/n don't," your mother says to you, giving you a look that only a mother could give to their child. You turn your head away, shaking it a little to try to get your brain to focus.

After you've brought yourself back to your senses, you turn your gaze onto Zabuza. "You're just going to let him do that to his body," you yell at him," after all that he's done to you!?"

"Be quiet, you demon brat," Zabuza responds to you, "it wouldn't matter anyway. Haku is dead."

"You would rather sit there and watch him be treated like a dog," Naruto shouted at him while Kakashi had his grip on him. "You and Haku were together for years, doesn't even mean anything to you!?"

Zabuza's teeth clenched as he kept his eye on Gato and his men. "You kids will never understand the true ways of the Shinobi."

"Enough with the 'Shinobi Way' bull shit," you yell at him as you march towards him. "You can lie to yourself and others, but you can't lie to me! Despite what you say about him, I know he meant a lot to you!"

"His skills and power are what meant a lot to me," Zabuza says to you as you stop walking once you get to where Naruto was. "The boy himself I could care less about."

"Can you say that about him," Naruto asks as he pulls himself away from Kakashi. "Everything he did was for you! He cared about nothing but you! You were the whole world to him! And that means nothing to you!?"

His body trembles a little as he tries to hold back the tears that pooled up in the corner of his eyes. "Do you think if I ever become a shinobi that I'll become a cold-hearted person like you," he adds.

You turned your gaze over to look at him, and it was almost like he was afraid that it would be the truth. "Naruto..." You reach out to touch him as he turns away from you to hide his weakness.

"It's wrong," he spits out as tears roll down his face, "so wrong. To only see him as a broken tool."

Both Hitori and Kakashi turn their heads away in silence, feeling the same heartache that both you and Naruto felt when they lost their friends and people they cared about. You hug Naruto, holding him tightly to you as a way to comfort him as tears stream down your face as well.