Episode Twenty One

"Have you forgotten the reason why we came here in the first place Kankurō," the boy with the gourd says as he turns his attention away from you to the boy in black. The girl beside him still had her violet glued onto you.

"I-I know," Kankurō responds to him, "but they were the ones who started the whole thing. Here's what happened-"

"Shut up," the red-haired boy snarls at him, sending chills up and down your spine. "Or I'll kill you."

The girl beside him giggles a little; both of the auras they gave off were like a mixture of death and mental instability. Something about them told you that you should stay away from them, especially how Kankurō reacted to him.

Yet, you couldn't help but feel drawn to his mysterious nature.

"I'm sorry," Kankurō says to him, "I was out of line. I'm sorry, Gaara, I was out of line." Then, he repeats the line repeatedly, like he was stuck in a loop a couple of times.

Gaara turns his head over towards Sasuke, the two of them making eye contact with each other. "I'm sorry for all the trouble he's caused you."

From the look in Sasuke's eye, you could tell that he didn't trust Gaara at all. As if he couldn't tell who or what he was.

But before you had the chance to take in the tension between the two, it looked like his whole body, gourd, and all turned into sand and landed on the ground between you and the other two sand ninjas. The girl that sat beside him gracefully landed on her feet as if she was gliding down.

"Let's go," Gaara says to his squad, "we didn't come here to play games."

"Maybe just to play a few games," the girl says, her name if you remember right was Shiki. She had a very unsettling smile on her face as she made eye contact with you. A part of you wanted to run off, while another part wanted to rip off the smile that was on her face.

You pinch the side of your thigh, keeping you from making any sudden movements that could cause Shiki to pounce towards you.

"Let it go, Shiki," Gaara says, "it's not the time for you to mess around."

She rolls her eyes. "Yeah yeah, I know. You're no fun, Gaara." But just as the four of them started to walk off, Sakura had to, of course, start something with them.

"Wait a minute," Sakura shouts as she jogs over and stands beside you.

"Sakura, what are you doing," you say to her through your teeth. Gaara and the others stop, not even bothering to look back at them.

"From the look of your headbands," Sakura continues, "that you've come from the Village Hidden in the sand. Of course, the Land of Fire and the Land of Wind are allies, but no other shinobi can enter the village without permission."

She takes a few steps forward, and you grab hold of her wrist. "Don't get yourself into trouble that you can't handle."

"I'll be fine," Sakura says as she pulls her wrist out of your grip. She then turns her attention back towards the sand ninjas. "So state your purpose, and it better be a good one."

All four of them turn around to look at both you and Sakura.

"Have you guys been living under a rock or something," the blonde-haired girl says, "you guys don't know what's going on, do you?"

You were confused by what she meant by that. Just what exactly is going on? Then one by one, they hold up a pass that shows that they were permitted to come into the village.

"So yes, you were correct," the blonde-haired girl continues, "we are Hidden Sand Genin, and our home is the Land of the Wind. We're here for the Chunin Exams. Get the picture now?"