Chapter 4 : hate

They gazed at each other for a minute. Mari thought they were gonna stare at each other for eternity, but Adrien ends it by retracing his hand to himself and scooting away. He started blushing.

... if only you were ladybug.

"Um-uh...Marinette a-am sorry, I just...I just got lost in thought and—"

"Hey, it's alright", Marinette said with confidence as she placed her hand on top of his, "I liked the feeling".

...

Marinette was blushing hard and beating herself up for saying those words.
Like the feeling, she thought, no no no, why am I like this! universe, please swallow me whole and—

"MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG!!!", Chloe called out, furious about the drama going on between her Adrikins and Marinette.

Chloe marched towards Marinette's desk, the whole class was silent and staring, waiting to see the fate of Marinette. Chloe banged the desktop, sterlingly scaring both Marinette and Adrien.

"Who gave you the right to get all romantically with my adrikins!", Chloe demanded, her eyes glaring at Marinette DEADLY and BLOODTHIRSTY.

"Chloe, it was nothing", Adrien stood up, determined to protect Marinette, "and it was my fault, I wasn't thinking and didn't mean to create a scene".

"No! I want Dupain-Chang to speak for herself! Stay out of it pretty boy".

"You can't pin everything on Mari!", Alya chipped in, "as Adrien said, she did nothing wrong".

"This isn't your fight", cried Sabrina, "it's between Marinette and Chloe".

The tension in the class was growing, a fight seemed to break out. The classroom got warm, hate has been passed from one person to another, Mari gave it a thought, was this all her fault? Why is her best friend helping her, this is her fight after all? why is it so difficult to be normal and a superhero at the same time? and why was she thinking too much and not cooling the hatred in the air?

"Everyone stop!", Marinette cried but everyone ignored her. It was now between Chloe and Alya, and it didn't look like any of them were gonna back down any time soon.

"Stop siding your little bitch Alya, we all know that Marinette without you she'd be nothing. She's pathetic at everything, oh don't get me started with the I-I-I lo-v-v-e.
What are you trying to say? ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. YOU DUPAIN-CHENG TRY TO WIN EVERYONE's HEARTS BUT THE TRUTH IS... YOU WON'T!, you look terrible, and am pretty sure your as pathetic as our hero we call ladybug, if only you realize that Adrien will never be yours then I'll reconsider. In the meantime, I wish you would just vanish or get killed by an akum—"

"ENOUGH!", miss Bustier called, "Chloe Bourgeois, go to the principles office now!".

But the damage had already been done. Marinette was crying, Chloe had finally gotten into her. Her heart was bleeding out, her chest felt heavy and it pained her that most of what Chloe said was true.

Marinette rushes out of the classroom hiding her face in her hands, tears falling like waterfalls.

"Chloe, I don't think we could continue being friends", declared Adrien, he was cross.

"Oh come on adrikins, I was only getting that pesky fly away".

Adrien rushed after Marinette.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?", asked Alya, a question specifically directed to Chloe.

Marinette was a wreck in the girls' bathroom, she couldn't stop crying. Her tears seem to have a mind of their own. Her heart won't stop aching, she didn't want to feel miserable anymore, but she couldn't help it.

"Marinette, pull yourself together!", Tikki said while she comforted her, "what Chloe said is not true, you are a great person Marinette. Even if you can't help them now you will always find a way to help them later".

 A few minutes later, Marinette stopped crying and grinned, "thanks Tikki, what can I do without you".
She hugged Tikki and collected herself.

I am strong, and I don't need Chloe to tell me otherwise.

Adrien was by the girls' bathroom door about to call out to Marinette when suddenly a loud bang is heard and citizen cries.

Marinette will have to wait, I have to save Paris now.

He rushed to a hidden place and got Plagg out.

"Plagg, claws out!"

"Tikki, spots on!"

-----------------------

what up peeps?😗✨✨✨👌😜, hope you having a great day or night.

chapter release days; Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday (GMT+2)