Chapter 7 : warm blood

Alya was cuddled up with Nino as they watched the fight on her phone with hope.

"Don't worry", Nino said, "ladybug and chat noir always win".

He embraced Alya tighter making her squeal with pleasure and delight. It distracted her from the action.

I hope ladybug and chat noir got this, and Nino's right, Blade will be part of the list of akumas defeated and saved by ladybug. I shouldn't lose hope.

"Yeah, I guess so", she said but wasn't convinced.

Alya stared up at Nino, tracing his features in her mind. His brown skin, fluffy hair covering a small part of his face, those brown beautiful eyes of his reminded her of peace. Nino noticed and glared back at Alya with a smile.

"Trust me, those dudes will be okay", Nino said reassuringly.

"O-okay, thanks-Nino", Alya said blushing, "I needed that..."

Nino leaned forward, closing the gap between them, he gave a heart-warming glare at her, she looked cute with her glasses, he thought, what would he have been doing if he never met Alya.

Their lips brushed, leaving a tingly sensation in between. They both went in for the kiss...

"Rena rouge I need you", ladybug called, get carapace too-"

The two lovebirds quickly discarded each other and both fell in a deep state of embarrassment.

Ahhh shit...ladybug caught us at the moment we were about to get into it, thought Alya, why do I feel embarrassed...

Ladybug had to swoop in at the wrong moment..., thought Nino, I hope she never says anything about this..haha aahhh*nervous laugh*

"Am I interrupting something?", ladybug asked flustered.

"N-no you not!..." Alya quickly replied, "what brings you here ladybug, hehe".

"As I was saying...", ladybug shrugged as she presented the fox and turtle miraculous, "I need you both, Rena rouge and Carapace, the akuma chat and I are going against can't be done alone".

"Oh yeah, time for some sweet action!"

"Count me in dude-... I mean, ladybug!"

Trixx beamed with excitement, she was going to team up with Alya once again to save Paris. Wayzz was up and woke to chill with his dude Nino.

"Trixx, let's pounce!"

"Wayzz, shell on!"

"Ok", sighed ladybug, "the akuma blade is an opponent we have never faced before, don't get cut and protect each other. I wouldn't want any of you getting hurt. I guess I will have to go look for another person to wield the bee miraculous".

She stares at the bee miraculous in her palm and then closes it.

Argh! Ladybug winces in pain. The gash underneath her breast hurt. She clutches it and took a few breaths in and out.

"Ladybug, are you okay?", Rena rouge cried as she ran to ladybug's side, "you have lost so much blood, let me treat that wound for you".

"No", my identity must remain a secret, ladybug said, "I can't risk it, am sorry but... thank you "

She got up, pledged to continue fighting for Paris no matter what it takes.

Am worried, Alya thought, how much further will she push herself?

"Speaking of loss of blood and wounds, I think you guys need to see this", carapace said with a worried face.

The girls grouped up around Carapace and peeked at the phone.

"Don't be amused, it's just the news. The fight between chat noir and blade is still going on but chat is losing blood at a faster rate after gaining more cuts on his body, WHERE IS LADYBUG? Did she abandon him?"

A close-up of chat noir came into view and...
a teardrop glided off ladybugs eye.

Kitty.

Don't die on me.

*****

Chat was on his knees, panting and bleeding, blood streamed from head to toe, some of it obscuring his vision.

I can't give up now, chat thought, ladybug is counting on me. If I could just land one more blow... am not sure how many hits I can take myself, but am not backing away. I am going to stand my ground- ...I-I can't get up, why can't I get up? How much blood have I lost in the process? ladybug please hurry up.

"Huh, you can't stand up", Blade baffled while dragging his sword, leaving an ugly scar on the ground as he walked. " you were a challenge you know, you put up a good fight, and for that, I'll show mercy and only take your miraculous".

Blade stood in front of the kneeling chat noir, staring down in pity and pride. he asked for his hand but chat gave him a cold glare and spat blood at him.

"Go to hell", chat said for his final words.

"Let it be".

Blade raised his sword high above chat noir.

"We about to witness the killing of our beloved hero chat noir, is there anyone who could save him?", Nadia said in front of the camera with a worried face, "is this chat noirs last act?".

Wow, am about to die, chat thought, how did I get me into this mess? it all doesn't matter in the end, does it? I hope to see m'lady someday in another world, there I can hope to be with her again.

His tears streamed down his face, they weren't tears of sadness, but tears of joy, of all the time, spent with ladybug and his friends. Nino, Alya, Marinette, and Chloe. His life flashed before his eyes, and it made him sad but glad.

I have no regrets.

Goodbye, m'lady.

Blade brought down his sword with a slash.