Chapter 12: Never give up

KEEP IN MIND, from this point, these drafts were never checked, corrected or completed( missing paragraphs ), but since the fanfic has ended, I decide to post them anyway.

Marinette.

Rena rouge gasped. It can't be, her best friend, desk mate and her biggest supporter Marinette, was ladybug.

"Marinette... ", chat whispered to himself.

"Ladybug is no other than Marinette dupain-cheng",___________ said with sorrow, "she attends the ____________ school and is the daughter of Tom and Sabine dupain-cheng".

"Oh no, not Marinette", Sabine said with tears forming, " she's bleeding, we have to go get her now!—"

"No". Tom interrupted.

"What?!"

"No, Marinette wouldn't want us to risk our lives", Tom said embracing Sabine, "she can protect herself, am sure she's got a plan and wouldn't want us to ruin it by letting hawk moth use us as leverage".

Sabine sobbed on her husband as they both watch the news, it viewed a cropped picture of their daughter and  a picture of ladybug side by side.

Everyone watching the news were shocked, a teenager was protecting Paris at all cost while they sat in the safety of their homes.
Most felt sad and guilty, some wondered if this was ladybugs last stand.

"So I've been losing to a little girl all this time". Hawk moth said disappointed. "You have lost ladybug, hand me your miraculous immediately".

"N-n-never". She spat blood and growled at hawk moth. "I haven't lost yet you brat".

"Don't make me take it from you".

"I'd like to see you try".

He sighed and commanded his butterflies to attack. The butterflies merged into an identical copy of hawk moth and proceeded towards Marinette.

Come on Marinette, Think!

She scanned her surrounding and spotted a rusty old broken pipe a few steps away. She rushed to the pipe and was determine to strike hawk moths clone. She picked it up with growl and held it like a javelin stick ready to launch. She threw it as the clone closed in.

Did I strike it? Why can't I move and why do I feel pain coming from my belly—

She registered the aftermath, her weapon was caught by dark tentacle from the clones back and the clones fist in contact with her stomac—

Wait?! How! He struck me...?

Marinette was frozen in that state, her eyes wide with shock. She coughed out blood and her knees buckled. She was on the ground embracing the pain her stomach absorbed, the clone stared at her with no emotion and kicked her. Spilling more blood and increasing the distance between them.

She was on her back, her chest heaving up and down. She stares at the sky. The sky was blue and comforting. The sight of peace and calm was better than the horror down here. Tears fell from the corner of her eyes, did she really fail? Was this it? The clone cat-walked towards the bleeding girl and stopped beside her body to glare down at her. She couldn't tell what it was planning, it's face showed no emotion or details of thought. Hawk moth spoke through the clone. "Hand over your miraculous and save your pride for next time...if, there's a next time".

She moved her right arm, it was shaky and blood stained on the blouse. She reached for her  right ear and removed the magical earring, doing the same at the other ear.
She stared at the earrings for a moment and thought of Tikki, master Fu and all the past ladybug holders she was giving up. "Good girl, now hand them over".

The clone extended its hand in a receiving form waiting for Marinette to pass the miraculous.

She stretched out her arm towards the receiving hand, her hand was clenched tightly around the jewels, she was having a hard time in letting them go. Hawk moth grew impatient and demanded the miraculous with a deep growling voice. Marinette retraced her arm in a split second from release and replied, "no".

Hawk moth sighed with disappointment. "Don't be stupid girl, hand me your miraculous or I'll have no choice to—"

"Kill me?" She interrupted. "How far will you go just to get the miraculous?"

"As far as I can..."

The clone lifted its left arm and it morphed into a dark pointy blade. It pointed it at Marinette's chest.

~~~~~

"What are you doing?" _________ demanded, "she's just a girl! You are not going to kill her, are you?!"

"Am teaching Paris a lesson... I gave Marinette a choice and she chose to be stubborn".

She stared at the horror that be folded before her. A bleeding girl, who didn't want to give up her miraculous, a monstrous clone, standing with a morphed arm ready to strike. Was she okay with hawk moth killing this young girl? Was this the right way to solve it?

"I didn't sign up for this", Mayura said as she removed the peacock miraculous. Her magical suit was sucked into it, it revealed a woman in tears. "What are you doing!" Hawk moth said, "you'll get seen—".

"I don't care", she interrupted, " I'd rather reveal myself to the world than let an innocent girl die".

Hawk moth thought for a moment. His hand on his chin as he explored the possibilities of either future; If he kills ladybug, he'll be feared, have command over Paris, and he'll have his wife back. If he doesn't kill ladybug, resistance will grow, getting his wife back will be delayed and he'll lose Natalie.

He growled and turned his back at Natalie and got in contact with his creation. "Don't kill her, grab her miraculous and let's go".

The clone stood there, staring at Marinette's body. Scars and details of blood could be seen all over her. She was breathing heavily, a streak of sweat could be seen as it glided down from her forehead to the back of her neck. The clone enlarged its sword-arm and retracted it in a ready to strike motion. It grew sharper and scarier as it was only inches away from Marinette. Was this it, she thought, was this ladybugs last stand?

"I said don't kill her, stand down!" Hawk moth spat as his creation disobeyed.
He clenched his fist, his lost control over his own creation. "I demand you to stop!"

The clone stopped, for a moment it seemed like it was going to obey hawk moth, but it then said;

"NO".

The clone struck his arm down aiming at Marinette's head.

Am sorry... she said in thought as she shut her eyes with tears streaming down her face.