Chapter 11: Heart

All four heroes were down, growling in pain. Was this really the end for them?
Hawk moth advanced towards them slowly, taking his time. He was convinced that he had already won.

"Ladybug, am sorry", rena rouge said, "I couldn't beat him".

"We all couldn't beat him", ladybug said with a tear dropping towards the ground, "am sorry I dragged you into this".

"Hey... I am grateful we fought crime together, don't be sorry".

Ladybug smiled at rena rouge, letting her tears fall.

"Yo dudes, hawk moth is approaching, we need a plan fast", disrupted carapace. "I don't know if my shield will be able to protect us".

"Even if we have a plan", chat began, "I don't think we would be able to stand up... we need to escape".

"I don't think I would like that", chimed in hawk moth, "I'd like your miraculouses, I don't have time to whoop your asses again".

Hawk moth reached for ladybugs earrings, ladybug couldn't move, she lost plenty of blood and was extremely exhausted. Before he could grab them, multiple ladybugs lying down on their stomachs appeared in front of hawk moth. Rena rouge had played her flute. He cursed underneath his breath and sighed in pity.

"Illusions won't do", hawk moth hit the ground with his staff and all the ladybugs dispersed. Rena rouge was levitating mid air with her hands behind her back by the force.

"You just don't quit, do you?", hawk moth chuckled, "well then, farewell".

Rena rouge froze

she felt something squeeze her neck. It was trying to block her supply of oxygen. Not long she was struggling to breath, she fought and swerved up and down, from left to right trying to breath but it was no good. Her face started to turn a-bit red and now was gurgling like a fish out of water. Tears started falling as she started making gurgling noise.

I guess this is it, Rena thought, this is where I die. I hope Nino will be okay when am gone. I love you mom, dad and family. Marinette. What will you do without me? I just wish things turned out differently.

"Stop! Please, you killing her!", begged carapace as he watched his girlfriend struggle for air. "Please, don't kill her. She's got a life ahead of her!"

Carapace was tearing-up and trying to get up, but the pain emitting from his chest kept him grounded.

"That's a shame", said hawk moth as he strangle the life out of alya. "She should have given me her miraculous—"

"Don't", mayura said holding his arm, "do it for me, please don't kill her sir".

He stared at mayura for a long moment  before glaring down. The dying girl fell from mid air onto the ground and started coughing as she sucked in large amounts of air. She held her neck as color came back to her face. Carapace crawled to her and cradled her, happy that she wasn't leaving him forever.

Thank you, carapace thought, at least you have a heart.

Hawk moth sighed and stared back at the heroes to find ladybug up and angry.

"Mayura, go back to safety", He said as he turned back to see she was already gone.

"Am going to... kill you!", promised ladybug as she glared hawk moth with blood thirst.

She almost killed alya! Ladybug thought, I must stop hawk moth before he tries to kill one of us. How is there no heart underneath his chest? Makes me wonder what wish would he want to the extent of killing a teenager?

Ladybugs earrings beeped with one more spot on each of them, meaning she had a minute left.

"Your about to detransform ladybug", he grinned, "it's game over".

"I'll beat you either transformed or detransformed".

It was a one-on-one, ladybug vs hawk moth. They charged at each other. Hawk moth neglected using his force and fought weapon to weapon combat. Ladybug dodged his first attack and tried to tangle him, but he only grabbed her string, spun her and whacked her with his staff. She attacked again but was countered and hit again and again. Each hit more painful than the last, this made ladybug wince in serious pain.

Ladybug was kneeling with one leg, fresh blood oozing out once again. Her earrings beeped indicating she was out of time.

Pink particle effects devoured her suit leaving a blood stained blouse, pants and an unmasked girl.

The girl stood up with a struggle and faced hawk moth.