Chapter 22

Joelle's POV published: 02/25/2021

                           With everything that was going on for the last couple of months, school went by quickly. My senior year had ended, and before I knew it I had graduated.

I was done with High School. Amazing!!!

I wanted to take a break from school before I went to college. I wanted to chill and think about what I really want to do for the rest of my life.

Then, just like it was yesterday. I'm back and it's the first day of summer, all over again.

I smiled, thinking of how different things were now.

Mateo was still extremely strict and still had anger issues, but he had a soft side at times that I loved to see.

Aaron was doing much better after the coma and even got himself a side job, for when he's not working on an assigned job from Mateo.

Sammy found herself an amazing boyfriend and she was also taking a break from school.

Dave was still the same, he started studying technology since he's so interested in it.

Charlie found a boyfriend as well, he was so adorable and sweet! His boyfriend was like a copy of Charlie, but in someone else's body! I love them.

Olivia, I don't give a fuck about Olivia.

And me, I was happy. I had more freedom. Mateo finally trusted me enough to go out on my own. He knew I wouldn't try leaving anymore since I loved being here. I was around my true family, at all times and I loved every single one of them.

I still have no idea what me and Mateo are, but I care about him a lot. I want to be with him but I'm scared.

I think he needs the time more so he could forgive himself. Not so I could forgive him. And I completely understood that.

My life is going great!

———

It was the middle of the night and I was still up. I was bored as fuck with nothing to do. But I didn't want to sleep either.

I laid there for a minute and thought. Then it clicked in my head.

I've been wanting something for a while now. And now is the perfect time.

I jump out of my bed and look at myself before leaving. I'm wearing some black panties and a completely different one of Mateo's large shirts.

At this point, I was just living out of his closet. He had such cute hoodies that he doesn't even use! So I steal them. He finds out and throws a fit, but I always win. Of course.

Anyways, I quietly tip toe down the stairs and open Mateo's office door but it's empty inside. 'Hmm.. did he already go up to bed?' I creep back upstairs and I find myself in front of his door.

I was about to turn around and run back to my room but I stopped myself. 'Ahhh fuck it!' I knocked on his door and it was silent.

Just as I was about to walk away, I hear his groggy voice speak, "come in Joelle." I breath in and poke my head in.

I see him sitting up shirtless on his huge bed. "Sorry, did I wake you?" I apologize and he nodded his head. 'Jeez! He looked so hot right now!'