Chapter 51

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•
~Just Obey~
•March/14/2021•
•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

🖤|CARTER'S POV|🖤

                             "We will kill him Monday, Olivia."

*******************************************

I want Mateo dead. At first, it was just to finish what I started years ago, but now he's making a move on my daughter and I will not have any of it.

********************************************

🖤|JOELLE'S POV|🤍

I was finally able to come back to work this week, and I have been spending almost every break I got in Mateo's hospital room. Sometimes Nora and Hills come hang out with us.

He was going to be discharged on Monday morning. Then I would go back to hanging out in the cafeteria or the on call rooms, maybe even empty hospital rooms.

———

"Heyyyy Joelle!" Nora says a little too excited. "Heyyyy Nora." I mocked her and she giggled. "So, what's up with you and Mateo?" Hills butted in. Nora gave him a death stare and I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing is going on, he and I are strictly friends." They make eyes at each other and then look back at me. "So then it's okay if I ask him out? Cause you know he's extremely hooot!" Nora says and my eyes shot up to her. "I'm joking. I know you guy want to be with each other." She says and I roll my eyes.

I look at them and smile. "If you and Mateo went out.. I wouldn't care, because we are friends." I lie. I mean we are friends but that doesn't mean I wouldn't care if they dated. If he dated anyone for that matter. I shouldn't care but I do. "Why don't you guys just get together already?" Hills complains and I sigh.

"It's not that simple.. we tried being together before, and it was good for the most part but there was so many problems toward the end and I just don't want to end up hurt again.. or hurt him." I admit and their jaws drop. I forgot that I never told them me and Mateo have dated before. Oh shit.

"You guys used to date?" They asked me in sync and I ignored them. I started walking away only for the to follow me.

We ended up in Mateo's room. "Hey guys!" Mateo greeted us and I sat down awkwardly and they had these smiles of amusement on their face.

"You and Joelle used to date?!??!" Nora asked Mateo right off the bat. I could've died right there. I swear.

He laughed and looked over at me smiling. "I- what?" He stuttered and I buried my face in my hands. "Did she tell you guys that?" He asks and Will sighed. "She let it slip." He exposed me.

"I seriously hate you guys, you too!" I said pointing at Mateo. He laughed and I looked away smiling.

"Sooo, you get released tomorrow morning! How do you feel?" I ask Mateo. He leans back in his bed looking extremely hot. "I feel like I was here longer than needed honestly." He admits and I look away. "Oh yeah, Joelle demanded they keep you here longer than needed just to make sure you're okay." Nora blurted and I looked in her direction so quick.