Chapter 42

Joelle's POV                      published: 03/09/2021

This past month, I became happier. I spent it with my family and my two best friends. I went to therapy and it only helped a little bit. The real therapy was when I was with my mom, my brother, Aaron, and Sammy.

Now it was time for me and Aaron to go back home. To Chicago.

———

"Thank you guys so much for this past month, I'm going to miss you guys!" I pouted. Grayson came and hugged me and so did my mom. "We'll miss you too bubs" Grayson started calling me bubs out of no where. But I liked it.

I smiled and then Aaron drove us to the airport.

We didn't get one of those fancy seats this time that Mateo bought us. We just got regular seats which was completely fine for me.

"Are you nervous?" Aaron asked me and I sighed. "Why would I be nervous?" I asked and he shrugged. "You're going to see Mateo again. I know I'm nervous." He admits and I giggle.

"No I'm not nervous. It's not like he's been ignoring me out of pettiness for the past month or anything..." I sarcastically says and he laughs.

Truth was that I am nervous. I don't know what he's been up to for the past month. I don't know how he'll react to seeing me. I don't even know if we're still together or not. We never officially broke up and he said he'll see me when I get home the night he left. But then he started ignoring me and it really hurt.

I really wanted to talk to him about everything and apologize. I was overreacting. And I know that now, but that's something I have to tell him.

I love him and I want to make things right between us.

I fell asleep on the plane. But Aaron woke me up saying that the plane landed. I groaned and he shoved me and I woke up but not before hitting him in the chest lazily. "Oooow that hurt so much!" He said sarcastically and I laughed. "Good." I got up and found out bags.

Our car pulled up and I breathed in before getting in. "Hey, it's okay.. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you." Aaron told me in the car and I frowned. "I don't know. He's been ignoring me ever since he left. I don't even think he wants anything to do with me anymore." I say and Aaron pulls me in for a hug.

"You're an amazing and beautiful young woman. If he doesn't see that, then it's his loss and your gain." He tells me and I smile. "You're nice when I'm sad." I tease him while bopping his noise and he pulls away. "Stop that!" He says and I giggle.

I continue reading and talking to him until we finally pull up to this huge recognizable house. Mateo's House. Aaron's House. My house?

Aaron helps me with my bags and we walk up to the door. I set my bags down and pat all over my body. "Fuck!" I curse and Aaron turns confused. "You didn't." He says and I look at him guilty. "I did. I forgot my keys in Ohio." He groans since he left his key in the house when we left.

I ring the door bell and no one answers. So I ring it again until finally someone answers.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I shout to the blonde bitch standing in front of me. Me and Aaron push past her and she scoffs. "I came to talk to Aaron but he's... busy." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Where is he? In his office?" I ask her annoyed and she shakes her head. "Is he at the safe house?" I ask and she shakes her head again. "Well then where the fuck is Mateo, Olivia?!" I shout annoyed and she smiles.