22

Your POV

I took a deep breath and didn't hesitate to go back under the water, I looked around only to see Schlatt struggling to get back to the surface. I immediately swam over and wrapped my arms around him, before swimming up the to top.

Schlatt coughed and let out a loud gasp for air, I took a deep breath before swimming back over to the wall, holding onto it to keep both of us up.

"You dumbass!" Schlatt panted heavily, his head resting on my shoulder. "Why the fuck would you do that?!"

My mind was racing at the moment, I held onto him tightly, huffing a bit. "Why didn't you tell me you can't fucking swim?!" I shouted, rubbing his back the best I could.

He continued to breath heavily, keeping his head pressed against my shoulder. "I.. uh.." He let out a small cough, I frowned a bit and immediately turned, helping him get out of the pool, then soon pulling myself out.

"Don't be embarrassed by it, Schlatt. If you have something important to tell me then tell me." I sighed, sitting next to him and patting his back slowly.

"I probably should've.." He muttered out, he pushed himself up a bit and immediately scooted over a bit, laying his head on my thigh. His clothes were absolutely soaked and his hair was wet and in his face, I sighed softly and ran my fingers through his hair, moving it back and out of his face.

"Do you wanna go back to the room?" I felt awful now, not only did I almost drown him, but now I just realized we didn't even bring any towels out with us.

"Please.." He sighed with a small nod, before smiling a bit and chuckling. "It's freezing out here. Not like you'd know what that felt like."

I smiled and rolled my eyes a bit. "Oh, shut up." I helped him sit before I stood up, quickly getting my pants back on. I held my hand out to him. "Come on, I'm not gonna drag you back."

"Aw, man. First you nearly drown me, now you're making me walk?" He chuckled, before slowly taking my hand. I pulled him to his feet and wrapped one of my arms around him, before grabbing his shoes.

"Yeah, but at least I'm carrying your stuff." I smiled a bit, helping him walk back inside. We stepped into the elevator, getting onto our floor, and soon heading back into the hotel room. I immediately grabbed some towels from the bathroom, walking back to Schlatt and wrapping one around him.

He slowly sat down on the floor and chuckled. "Well, great. Now I probably have to head home sooner so I can change." He laid his head back against the wall, causing me to frown a bit and sit next to him.

My hand carefully grabbed his as I let out a sigh. "I'm really sorry, Schlatt. I had no idea-"

"Come on, (Y/N), don't beat yourself up about it." He smiled a bit. "I should've told you instead of being a pussy." He chuckled and slowly wrapped his arm around me. "Plus, at least you made sure none of my stuff was on me, too."

"I almost drowned you, Schlatt. You're more important than your stuff." I gently laid my head on his shoulder, not really minding the fact that he was soaked.

"Well, hey, if I died you would've at least had my wallet with money to pay for the funeral for."

I immediately sat up and slapped his arm. "Don't say that!" I huffed.

He chuckled a bit. "What? I'm kidding!" He smiled and looked at me. "Jeez, you're like 12 year olds on Twitter. You take all my jokes way too seriously."

"Well, still." I sighed. "If you go home you're taking an uber, and I'm paying for it."

"But my car is here (Y/N), I can drive home-"

"No. You're cold and wet, either I'll drive you home in your car, or I'll get you an uber and you can get your car tomorrow." I sighed and smiled a bit. "And you don't have a choice, either."

"Alright, fine." He chuckled soflty. "You can order an uber for me, I've got pretty good trust in you to not steal my car."

"You know I won't." I said with a smile as I pulled my phone out, ordering an uber.

After a while the uber arrived, I told Schlatt to keep a few towels with him, and that he could just bring them back later.

I paid the uber and gave Schlatt a goodbye hug, though it didn't make me too sad, considering I'd probably see him in the morning. Once the uber drove off I headed back to my room, laying in bed and getting on my phone, watching YouTube for the remainder of the night.

~

(Hello yes I didn't kill Schlatt lmao I thought that bit would be funny

Also sorry if chapters are slow, I'm busy with school and stressed about which stories to work on, since I have a lot lmao, so please don't rush me 😁)