13 • reconcile

"And why do I have to do this?" Haechan whined as he went to pick out a name. Mark. The boy's face dropped. "Can I switch?" he asked.

"Unfortunately not!" Chenle said as he went to put the names away.

"But I can't say anything about Mark!" Haechan said, a little louder than last time. At the change of tone, Jeno turned around and looked at him. "Erm... Jeno-"

"Hyuck do you understand how petty this fight is?" he started saying, anger present in his voice. "No one knows why it started, but because this has been going on for so long, for too long, even fans know and have tried to figure out why!"

"Hey, Jeno now isn't the best time..." Jaemin said as he held onto Jeno's wrist tightly, trying to get his attention.

"Please, just make up or something." Jeno said as he quietened down after noticing Jaemin pulling him.

"... you're right." Haechan sighed. "You have a fair point." he said as he left the room. Jeno sighed and placed his head on Jaemin's lap, their faces facing each other.

"I think I said too much." Jeno said quietly as Jaemin played with his hair. "I even scared you, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, it'll work out eventually." Jaemin said. The sound of light rain could be heard.

•••

"Lee Mark, aah I have to make a video about you. It's pretty ironic. First off, I'd like to say I'm sorry about the things I've done to upset you. I guess the reason I always questioned it is because I never noticed me doing them. Anyway, I'd like to apologise. We're in two groups together, and so the amount of pain we've brought to our members as well as ourselves is a lot. Maybe it's become too much. You know, I was scolded by Jeno. But, I think that was a good thing. I think it helped me realise what we were doing, and how we should not continue this petty fight that's been drawn out for so long. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry."

Haechan sighed as he finished what he wanted to say. He turned off the camera and left. He felt his eyes well up.

"You're done?" Renjun said as Haechan left the room. He noticed the watery eyes of the younger boy.

"Yeah." he sighed as he went to sit on one of the sofas.

"You now have to watch one." Renjun explained. Haechan sighed again.

"Why do I have to do this?" he said as he sat up, ready to go into the other room. He looked at Renjun, hoping for an answer. Renjun didn't speak.

Haechan opened the door and sat down. On the screen in front of him was the person didn't think to see. Mark Lee.

"I didn't think I'd get you, Donghyuck. But, here we are. I guess I'll start by saying I'm sorry. I never meant to get mad at you, or hurt you. The emotions got the better of me, and for that, I really am sorry. I miss the fun times we had. I miss when we play games together, eat together, go get coffee together. I miss those times. I hope you do accept my apology, as I know how much we have affected others around us, as well as ourselves and our fans. I'm sorry, Hyuck."

The video ended. Haechan's face had the thin lines of the tears that he had cried. After looking at his face through the front camera of his phone, he wiped the tears and left the room. He looked around for Renjun, but instead found Mark. He too looked like he had cried a little. The two stared at each other.

"Hyuck..." before Mark could even say a sentence, the younger boy ran into his arms.

"Mark, I'm sorry." Haechan wailed in his arms, hugging him tightly. Mark was startled at first, but then hugged him back, his tears wetting the hair of the other slightly. The two stayed like that for a while.

"They should be done by now-" Chenle said. As he was about to knock on the door, he noticed Johnny stood outside. The taller man walked over and placed his hand on Chenle's head.

"Let them have their moment." Johnny smiled, relived the two had made up.

•••

"I'm glad that over." Jaemin said as he wrapped his arms around Jeno's arm, resting his head on his shoulder. Jeno leaned his head on Jaemin's. Jeno didn't mind Jaemin's clinginess. Instead, he enjoyed that the boy felt comfortable enough around him to hold onto him.

"Yeah. I'm glad too." The boy said. They stared out of a window, admiring the sky. Both feeling the familiar feeling of butterflies. The only issue is how to tell each other these butterflies existed.

The sun shone brightly on them.

•••