18 • gift

Yuta peered through every window, trying to find the right gift to give the person most precious to him, Sicheng. But, of course, he couldn't find anything.

"Why are you even getting him a gift?" Doyoung questioned as he followed Yuta around.

"There is no reason. It's a gift just to show I like Sicheng. There doesn't have to be a reason to give gifts." Yuta explained, keeping his eyes on the windows. Doyoung sighed.

"You're too in love with him."

Eventually Yuta stumbled upon what he thought was the best gift. It was a thin necklace, that could have a custom charm attached to it. Yuta hurriedly entered the shop to find the charm he wanted. And, as much as he didn't really want to, Doyoung followed him.

Yuta looked through the charms, and there it was. The one that caught his eye. The one he wanted to give to his love. The charm was a small butterfly, and Yuta smiled as he picked up the small charm with his fingers.

It was perfect.

•••

"Jeno~" Jaemin said as he hugged Jeno tightly. Somehow he was still hyper, even through it had been an hour. "Do you wanna okay a game? Oh let's go out again! We should eat food together!" Jaemin said as he ran around the room.

"Any minute now..." Jeno muttered. Around thirty seconds later, he saw Jaemin stagger towards him, before throwing himself next to the sofa where Jeno lay. He pulled himself closer to Jeno so that his head rested on Jeno's shoulder and closed his eyes, wrapping an arm around Jeno's waist.

"Or maybe I sleep here." Jaemin said. Jeno sighed. Jaemin had crashed completely, and he probably wasn't going to want to move for who knows how long.

"Did you have fun, Jaemin?" Jeno asked him.

"Yeah, did you?" Jaemin replied, nuzzling his head into Jeno's shoulder.

"Yeah. It was nice."

"Can we go again sometime?" Jaemin asked, tilting his head slightly to look at Jeno who was blushing slightly.

"Sure, if you want to." Jeno said, looking back at Jaemin.

"I only want to go if you do."

"Well... I want to go." Jeno smiled, moving his hand to play with the younger's hair.

"But..." Jaemin said before going silent. Jeno stopped playing with his hair in confusion.

"What is it?"

"Can... can we go as boyfriends this time?" Jaemin said as he blushed, hiding his face in Jeno's chest. Jeno smiled and began moving his hand again. "O- only if you're okay with it."

"Of course we can."

•••

"Come in!" Sicheng yelled from inside his room. He was focused on a new game he bought called Overwatch. A lot of the older and younger members recommended it to him, so he thought he'd try it. So far, the boy loved the game, and was hooked instantly to the bright colours of each map, whether it's the aesthetic Hanamura, or the open Junkertown.

The door creaked open as Sicheng kept clicking his mouse and his keyboard.

"Um... Sicheng." the voice said. Sicheng turned at the mention of his name to see Yuta stood there, hands behind his back.

"What's up?" the younger said, smiling a little at the presence of Yuta. The older stayed silent, trying to figure out the words to say. "Hello?" Sicheng said as he waved his hand in front of Yuta's face. Thankfully, he had left his quick play game to focus his curiosity on Yuta.

"I... um..." he started, but ultimately failed and went silent.

"The Yuta Nakamoto is nervous to say something, that's new." Sicheng teased, and he would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy teasing Yuta. The older looked him in the eyes and moved his hands in front of him.

"I wanted to give you this." Yuta said as he held the box which contained the necklace he bought earlier. Sicheng's eyes widened at the expensive look of the box.

"Gah you don't have to spend this much money on me." Sicheng smiled as he took the small box. Inside was a necklace with a small butterfly charm on the end. Sicheng stared at the butterfly as he held it with his thumb and index finger, simply admiring it.

"Well... what do you think?" Yuta said, breaking the silence that fell in the room. Sicheng looked up at Yuta and looked him in the eyes.

"It's lovely, but why did you buy it for me?" Sicheng asked, still holding the necklace.

"I don't need a reason to give you gifts." Yuta said. "I guess I just love you so much." he said, quieter this time, but loud enough for Sicheng to hear. The sudden confession flustered the boy more than it did Yuta, who was already blushing.

"You- you love me?" Sicheng questioned.

"Of course I do." Yuta said, gaining a little bit of his usual confidence. "I love everything about you. The way you're cute, the way you're handsome, the way you're you. Perfect you." Yuta said, not really thinking about his thoughts.

"I don't deserve that." Sicheng said, chuckling a little at the way Yuta just confessed all of his feelings.

"Yes you do! You deserve the world, the moon, the universe. It should all be yours!" Yuta said as he held Sicheng's hand, stroking his thumb along the younger's knuckles. "You don't deserve to be kept here alone, and you don't deserve the little amount of lines, and you don't deserve the way this company treats you. Sicheng, you deserve better. You deserve my love, fuck, you deserve all the love in the world." Yuta balled out all of his thoughts one after another.

"Shush" Sicheng giggled as he silenced Yuta with a kiss.

It was a kiss that calmed Yuta's frustration and brought out the loving and caring side in him. It was a kiss that released of of Sicheng's fears, bringing out his loving side. It was a kiss that told both of them just how they meant to each other.

Once the kiss was broken, Yuta gently grabbed the necklace and clipped it around Sicheng's neck.

"It looks so much better on you than it does in the box, or on me, or on anyone." Yuta smiled, kissing the place on Sicheng's chest where the butterfly charm rested.

Off in the distance, the sound of light rain could be heard, but in that moment, neither of them cared about the ominous rain. They only cared about each other.

•••