Chapter Twenty-three (A kiss for Kent)

《 《 《 《 《 Kents Pov 》 》 》 》 》

I walk into the school with one thing on my mind, Trevor Truehart. I need to find something on him. Unfortunately are idiotic school doesn't have cameras so we can't ketch him that way. I feel so much anger, I'm so freaking frustrated. He can't and won't get away with the way he's been treating Carmen. It's not just wrong it's illegal. Not to mention he's put bruises on her body.

I wait by my locker for Carmen to show up. I've been doing this the past week at school. I wait for at her locker then walk her to her first class then Fred walks her to the rest of her classes and walks her back to her locker, well all except chemistry and math and french. Since Emit has french with Carmen He walks her to class then, and I walk her to for math and chemistry and Katie is there all the times in between.

Today Katie walks up to me a large smile on her face, "Romeo waiting for Juliette?"

"Shut up, Katie," I say for some dumb reason I'm extremely anxious today. My question was answered when I was pushed up against my locker, by a person was not expecting to see, let alone push me that hard. "Darn it girl, you have upper arm strength," I say and look at her, "Okay I'm confused your\'re supposed to be with your dad in Tucson. Emily why are you here?"

"What the heck is a matter with you?" She spits out, "how dare you tell Carmen not to talk to me!"

"Wait, what?!" I shake my head, "I never told Carmen not to talk to you, she's your best friends your hers. What are you talking about?"

"That's exactly what you say If you had told her not to speak to me!" Emily tosses her blond hair over shoulder.

"Actually no, I would have said something completely different, second of all what are you talking about?"

"Trevor said--."

"Wait you mean the jerk we've been protecting her from do you have an idea what he did to her?" Katie cuts off Emily.

"Emily?" I turn my head and see Carmen. I look at her confused, and surprised expression on her face she's slightly frowning as she walks over. "Emily?" She says again, before throwing her arms around her, "Oh my gosh, I missed you so much!  There's so much to tell you! I love you. But why are you here three weeks early?"

Emily looked confused but happy, "Trevor called me the other day and--."

"Carmen you need to tell her, no you have to tell her," the words leave my mouth before I can even think about it, "You don't have a choice you have to tell her!"

"Tell me what?" Emily folds her arms across her chest.

"I will, tonight, but I need to talk to Kent about somthing first it's really important."

I was surprised and I raised an eyebrow.

"Carmen . . . " Emily protests, "Trevor--. Oh and you two don't you dare interpret me!" She points her fingers at Katie and I, "Anyway, Trevor told me that Kent told you not to call me, and after last Monday, I wasn't sure. And you haven't called me in a week what's going on. I'm worried whatever Trevor did can't be that bad. Can it?"

Carmen nods, "it can be, but right now  I need to speak with Kent, oh by the way he said anything about not talking to you he actually tried to get me to call you twice." Then with in seconds she grabs my wrist and is pulling me away. She pulls me into a near by supplies closet.

"Carmen are you okay? What's so ergent you it couldn't wait?" Emily is her best friend and she practically blew her off to tell me something.

"Kent?" She raises her eyes up to me. Only then do I realize how close we are. Were not even a foot apart, about four or five inches apart.