Choose Who Lives

PISCES

My heart was pounding so loudly, I could barely hear a thing. I closed my eyes and took some deep breaths as Virgo stood up, wobbling and gritting her teeth.

It felt as if there was a fire in the middle of my ribcage, startlingly cold yet hot as an oven, frying my intestines and getting into my head, making me want to scream..

Scream at everything.

At every single person in this room.

Scream at how unfair this is.

How scared I am.

This has got to be a prank, or a nightmare of sorts!

Virgo shot me a kind look, a small smile of thanks before running to pick up a stray stick to try and free Libra.

I got back up to my feet with some difficulty, having squatted down to free Virgo. I turn the rock over on my open palm and studied it. There was already scratches. I prayed to God it wouldn't crack.

But I doubt God was on our side today. I run over to Scorpio's side and started cutting his bonds.

"Took long enough," Scorpio complained.

My heart dropped into a bottomless well but then he turned and gave me something like a smile.

"Thanks, Piscy. I got to help my girl now. Else she beat my ass."

He turned his back on me and raced towards a certain black headed girl whirling through the crowd, delivering punches and kicks, headbutts included.

Must be painful to be at the receiving end of that.

I wince and grimace for them, though I really shouldn't. They deserve it. I stare as Scorpio races towards her, a smile on his lips despite the current situation.

That's right... Capricorn is Scorpio's crush... how could I have forgotten about that?

You remind me every single day in school.

Scorpio stole my crush.

Of course I suppose I like other girls, but Capricorn hit different for me... like she did for Scorpio I guess.

Still. That doesn't mean that he gets what he wants while I bite the dust.

But what can I do?

Scorpio is way out of my league with his martial arts, sarcastic personality, quick mind and sharp tongue.

What do I have?

What am I good at?

I don't want to be rejected, so why should I even try?

I have to let Scorpio do his thing till he gets bored and maybe leave us alone. But till then, this relationship is going nowhere.

Cisces is done for now, apparently.

I mean, I can go for someone else, sure. But... I still want to try. Somewhere inside of me, I want the ship Cisces to sail the seven seas that Corpio couldn't conquer.

I want to love.

Live.

Please, God.

Give us a chance.

Give me a chance.

CAPRICORN

Lets get physical, shall we? Yep. Stole a sentence out of a song I heard. Don't blame me. It's stuck in my head.

Turning away from this love nonsense I am in, not necessarily saying it is nonsense, just saying, no hard feelings yet.