I've Tried (Enough)

CANCER'S P.O.V

I never thought, not even once, that this would happen. Maybe Aquarius did, or Pisces, with their incredible imagination.

They were creative enough to have thought about this scenario. Maybe Virgo or Capricorn had, being over-thinkers.

But me?

No. Why would I think about being kidnapped and having to live in fear of being killed by my childhood friends?

Why?

I wasn't that negative.

Well, maybe sometimes, but I didn't want any of them to die, much less get killed by their best friends.

Why would I ever wish that? I wasn't some messed up individual.

Even if they treated me badly, I had never thought of hurting any one of them. So why are my friends harming each other?

I wanted us to be happy, even if all of them could be so annoying sometimes, I wanted them to live a good life.

Find love and happiness, all that sappy stuff. See them smile and laugh.

Watching movies and riding bikes together. Playing on the swings and eating ice cream. Watching the other boys wrestle each other and the girls sashay away like a boss, going to kick some ass.

Not to be brutally killed by each other. That would be sickening.

What happened to best friends forever? The times we spent together, the promises we made about always sticking together as we laughed in tents and roasted barbecue. Having such a fun time.

All those friendship bracelets Libra and Pisces made with some help from Taurus and I.

I heard the announcement.

It was devastating.

It was almost as shocking as the first time I heard the announcement. About the mass murder. Libra dying and then Aries, Gemini.

The announcement, right.

Leo trying to kill Pisces.

That would never have happened if we didn't get kidnapped... I wish I could travel back in time and fix this. Fix all of this. No one deserves to die by their friend's hand.

No one to be slaughtered by the people they love and want to live happily with.

No one having to see someone they like get strangled, or drowned, or fall into a pit and die.

No one deserves that.

Or at least, my friends don't.

The kidnappers do.

They deserve all of those things I mentioned above and more.

My name is Cancer, and yes, I hate that name. It was not my fault there  was a disease named after me, though.

I hate my name.

My first ever crush died because of cancer, you know? Just after I confessed to her.

My classmates said I was cursed.

And maybe I am.

I had to live through hell.

Absolute hell.

I'm normally not this deep and depressed. But my mind's been killing me.

Why is God so cruel?

My crush died after I confessed to her- we never even kissed yet- I get bullied almost every single school day- my friends stand up for me but either gets beaten up as well or sent to detention for fighting- and now we got kidnapped, and my friends are killing each other.