Arc 1 - 4: Back in Safe Hands

Mono walked back into Diluc's tavern, where everyone waited for him. Mono noticed the addition of Jean, and rose an eyebrow.

He glitched over to a seat beside Mythra, where he technically announced his presence.

"Mono?" Jean asked in shock. "In the flesh... what brings you here, boss?" Mono asked with a smile. "Well, first of all, I contacted more than one person. Secondly, remember that she comes here as 'Jean' herself. Not as the Acting Grand Master. A Jean you would never see, even as an honorary knight." Diluc informed.

"What a surprise. I heard about the Holy Lyre, but I never suspected it was you." Jean said crossing her arms with a thin smile. "I've been incriminated." Mono said with a carefree shrug, Mythra nudging his side.

"So, the sound of the Holy Lyre can purify Stormterror and return it to normal... is that true?" Jean asked. "That's right! Mono and Mythra are putting themselves on the frontlines to resolve this Stormterror issue. Now these are the hotshots of the Knights of Favonius I'm talking about!" Venti cheered.

"This also feels incriminating!" Mono cheered afterward. Mythra went to smack his head, but Mono glitched away behind Diluc.

"I understand this is kind of explanation is hard to believe. But, we can ask the bard to play a song again and try to persuade—" Diluc started, but: "I believe you." Jean responded confidently. "our stubborn co— wait, what?" Diluc asked in disbelief. "I can't think of any reason for Dvalin's betrayal, given it was once one of The Four Winds. However, if it was poisoned in the battle over Mondstadt all those years ago... and then corrupted by the Abyss Mage after it woke up— we can't really blame it." Jean said, despair in her tone, just thinking about Dvalin's fate. "But, as acting Grand Master, I obviously cannot make such a statement publicly. Diplomatic pressure from the Fatui makes it hard for us to seek a peaceful resolution to the Stormterror issue." Jean added with a frown. "People would think I've lost grip on the gravity of the situation. That's why I can only do this in private." Jean stated.

"Hmph. That's one of the reasons I don't like the Knights of Favonius. What surprises me is that you would believe an entity such as he so easily..." Diluc said picking up Mono by his cloak, and setting him in front of the two. "My cautious and meticulous superior, even you trust him. Don't you, sir? Look at that face." Jean said pointing to Mono. Diluc glanced at Mono's smiling face, but shook his head and looked away.

"I told you not to call me sir... Never mind. We don't often work together." Diluc said rubbing his temple.

"I have a rough idea of where the Holy Lyre der Himmel is. The conflict between Mondstadt and Snezhnaya stems from the conflict between the seven nations and their respective gods. The Cryo God's Fatui seem to be after the Anemo God's power." Jean started, changing the topic. "So they're trying to take over the defense of Mondstadt?" Mythra said speaking up. "Right. If the Knights of Favonius publicly prevented an attempt on Dvalin's head, then... the only other way to affect the Anemo God's power is to take the Holy Lyre." Jean deducted.

"The number of Fatui that has come to Mondstadt is far from limited. I've already managed to for— uh, I mean, coerce a few reports out of them." Diluc said correcting, his statement. "Diluc has determined that the Holy Lyre is not being held at the Goth Grand Hotel. I imagine they don't want to leave something stolen in a place where it could be so easily found." Jean explained.

"Then we should be on our way, correct?" Mythra asked standing up. "Right." Jean said with a nod. "Before we go, take these. These disguises are so we don't make our appearance known, and encounter the Fatui on a personal level." Diluc said handing out black masquerade masks.

Mono slipped his on, and the black of his hair, cloak, and mask made only his white eye rings and mouth visible.

"Spooky." He said in awe. "Let's go." Diluc said slipping on his mask as well.