Arc 4 - 7: On his Shoulders

Mono appeared in the Domain of Lupus Boreas, after teleporting Dainsleif outside of Wolvendom per request.

"You... not welcome here!" Razor, resident 'wolf' boy shouted at the Abyss Herald. Beside Razor was The Great Wolf King of the North, Andrius, chained by Abyssal Power, his face contorted in pain as he growled at the Abyss Herald. "The wolf's retched spirit likes to raise wild pups now?" The Abyss Herald asked mockingly.

The Abyss Herald cackled until noticing Mono's presence, the Corrupted Deity slowly waking up beside Razor with a small glare.

"You claim to be a guardian, yet your once-sharp claws have clearly filled since your days of godly glory. If you serve us, we can restore your divine powers you once held in the past." The Abyss Herald offered. "Lies... Lies..." Andrius muttered in agony, making Reona frown.

"Wolves never surrender. But... this can't go on." Razor said looking at Mono with pleading eyes. Mono nodded and held out his hand. Nothing special happened, because Mono didn't bother to use an element, nor did he bother to use his pure Abyssal energy.

"Round 2." Was all he said as he began approaching the Abyss Herald.

"No matter how many times you resist us, your efforts are in vain..." The Abyss Herald spat rushing at Mono with his Hydro blades out. Mono parried a slash with his foot before kicked the Abyss Herald's head down with a spin. He followed up by twisting his body rapidly and going for another kick, but the Abyss Herald blocked with one blade, and stabbed with the other. Mono threw his head to the side to avoid the pierce of the blade, but was smacked away during the act. Mono slammed his hands into the ground and disappeared, making everyone think he teleported.

But instead, Mono just ran forward at blurring speeds, punching the Abyss Herald in the abdomen, sending it skidding back with an irritated growl. It teleported behind Mono and, slashing with an x. Mono rolled out of the way and hopped over the Abyss Herald as the two began to clash with speed. Mono continued to dodge and parry attacks while throwing out his own, The Abyss Herald doing the same, while simultaneously charging power in his gauntlets. Mono dashed under the Abyss Herald, making him stab his Hydro blade into the ground, a geyser erupting from the blade and bursting upward.

Mono slid behind the Abyss Herald with his arm reeled back and wet hair from barely dodging the attack. The Abyss Herald dodged Mono's haymaker and grabbed his wrist, before swinging him around and slamming him into the stone floor below.

"What is this mockery?! Am I not worthy enough for you to use your precious elements?! Your Abyssal Power?!" The Abyss Herald asked. "No... I'm just making a statement—" Mono said before kicking the Abyss Herald upward.

"Razor!" Mono shouted holding out his hand. Razor nodded and threw Mono his claymore, and Mono jumped up at the airborne Abyss Herald. The Abyss Herald corrected its body and slashed at Mono who did the same, the two pushing away and landing on their feet.

They dashed at each either again, and began slashing and slicing at each other, neither making headway as they partied, blocked, and countered each other's moves, but only the Abyss Herald was getting tired. Mono tossed the black and red claymore up and caught it in a reverse-grip and swung it like a dagger, the Abyss Herald blocking at the cost of being set flying back into the arena wall.

Mono tossed Razor his claymore back, and sighed in relief. Mono turned to Andrius and swiped his hand outward, dispelling the Abyssal energy keeping him in place, making the Abyss Herald growl in anger.

"The ceremony... How does such an old spirit have such determined will?!" The Abyss Herarld barked. "No matter. This is but a small unforeseen variable. Our grand scheme will not be affected." The Abyss Herald said before hopping back into a portal, and fleeing the scene.