Twenty:One- Ken, Alita, Jos & Harlem.

K E N D R I C K
ONE WEEK LATER

"And that'll do it! Final score: Bartlett 42, Ripley 18! We'll see you back here next week for round one of the state playoffs!" The announcer on the intercom said excitedly as the crowd got hype

"And that'll do it! Final score: Bartlett 42, Ripley 18! We'll see you back here next week for round one of the state playoffs!" The announcer on the intercom said excitedly as the crowd got hype. I clapped from the bleachers as Reem and his teammates danced in the middle of the football field. I was glad that he was finally back doing what he loved. I rested a little easier now, knowing that he was still on the team. To my surprise, all charges brought against him had been dropped. I almost couldn't believe it when Brooks called me nearly a week ago. I don't know how the hell it got worked out, but I was sure glad that the prosecutor had a change of heart.

"Yo, you peep?" Kydric snapped me out of my thoughts and I followed his gaze. To the far side of the bleachers, I could see Donye leaving the stadium.

"Get him. I'll meet you out back." I told him and he nodded, before getting up and lightly jogging down the steps. I turned to Ramona.

"I got business to handle. I'll be home later tonight."

"Okay, honey. See you back home." She smiled and kissed me. I swear she'd been real damn affectionate ever since Reem's party. I hadn't noticed anything too suspicious though so I just brushed it off.

With Kydric not far ahead, I jogged down the bleachers and followed behind him at a distance. I pushed my way through the crowded concession stand and caught up with Ky just as he was turning the corner.

"Aye, fuck nigga!" Kydric called out to Donye and to my surprise, the nigga took off. "Mutha—" Ky started running and I was right behind him.

"Cut his ass off!" I yelled. Donye was slightly on the heavy side, so I knew we wouldn't be chasing him for long.

"Where you think you goin', lil nigga?" Ky caught him by his shirt collar and snatched him back, making him fall backwards into the grass.

"What the fuck y'all bitch boys want?" Donye spat and I smirked before looking over at Ky, giving him my signature head nod. Kydric balled his fist up and decked him right in the mouth. "Aye man, what the fuck?!!"

"Folks, you better come correct when you address us! You in some deep shit, lil nigga, so you better watch yo fuckin' self!" Ky grabbed him up by his shirt collar and stood him upright. "Got us runnin' like we on COPS or some shit. Done scuffed up my got damn J's."

I walked up to Donye as he tried to jerk away from Kydric. "Look, I'm gone make this quick. I know it was you that hit up my spot. Now, I don't give a fuck about yo reasoning, I just wanna know who the fuck put you up to it."

He smirked with blood flowing down his chin. "...and if I don't tell you? What the fuck is gone happen? Hmm? I ain't scared of yo bitch ass!" Ky delivered a hard blow to his gut, making him double over in pain.

"Listen, man, my beef ain't wit you..." I shrugged. "It's with whoever sent you to my shit. I got a feeling I know who it is..." Donye's head shot up, but he remained quiet. "I need you to tell me a few things— things that can help me settle some shit, y'know?"