Three-K.D.

K A R E E M
"K.D."
Seventeen

Don't play wit me—play wit yo bitch

Don't play wit me—play wit yo bitch. Young nigga on some multimillion dolla shit. I squinted my eyes shut as I tried to push through the burning sensation in my arms. I raised the seventy pound dumbbell back up to my chest before releasing it back down to my side and switching arms. I paused for a brief second to catch my breath. These bicep curls were killing me and I was honestly ready to be done with them.

"Push through it, man! Let's go!" Kendrick clapped and it gave me the little extra motivation I needed to complete my last three reps. I looked at myself in the wall to wall mirror and brought the weights up to my chest a few more times before I dropped them down like they were hot potatoes.

"Fuck." I huffed as I lazily collapsed to the ground and laid back on the concrete, trying to catch my breath. This was it for today, exhausted wasn't even the word to describe how I was feeling right now— it was beyond that. I used the back of my hand to wipe sweat from my eyes. Being an athlete was no joke but I was never one to fold under pressure. I knew this was just a small piece in my life's grand puzzle. I was gonna be big one of these days and all I had to do was continue to eat on that field. That wasn't a problem though, I was always hungry.

I was a beast on the field. I knew it and so did everybody else. Nobody could guard me, simple as that. If you gave me enough space I would fly past you, but if you were too close then I'd run right through you. I didn't give a damn which one I had to do. Either way, I always ended up celebrating with my teammates in the end zone. I was cocky as hell and I knew it, but I had every right to be. My stats spoke for themselves. I ran with an attitude and I definitely talked big shit on the field but I could always back my shit up—the college recruits loved that about me. I'd already received offers from Alabama, Florida State, LSU, Clemson and Texas A&M. With so many great schools to choose from and other offers piling up, I didn't know what I was gonna do once signing day came around in December.

"Good shit, folks." Ky walked over to me and handed me a cold bottle of water. I downed half of it in no time and poured the other half over my face and back. "Them boys ain't gone know what hit em tomorrow." He said going over to the stereo and turning the music off.

"You looked good today, youngin." Ken tossed me a hand towel. "Go wash up. We heading to the shop soon." He said and I nodded my head before stretching my hand out. He grabbed it and pulled me up after counting to three.

"Hurry up, folks. You know Friday is when everybody come through." Ky added as I left the garage, going back into the house. I rushed upstairs to my bedroom, stripping down once I was there and heading straight for my bathroom.

I flexed my muscles in the mirror— I was jacked. It was hard to believe that I had this kind of body, especially since I was still pretty young but I did everything in my power to maintain it and my work definitely payed off. I eventually stepped in the shower after a few more minutes of checking myself out.