Twenty:Four- Ken & Harlem.

K E N D R I C K
FOUR DAYS LATER

"That nigga ain't in Memphis no more— can't be

"That nigga ain't in Memphis no more— can't be. We done looked in every hood, on every corner, boss. I'm tellin' you! Name the area; we looked there! I wouldn't be surprised if ole dude skipped town." One of my workers, Dru, said with pure exhaustion. I looked away from the flat screen, planting my eyes on the tall, lanky teenager.

"Keep fuckin' searching, you feel me? I don't give a damn if you done looked everywhere— look again." I shrugged as I lounged back, puffing on a Cuban cigar. The conversation should've ended there, but of course he continued to voice his opinion— his highly undesired opinion.

"Yo, I ain't tryna tell you how to run yo shit or nun, but maybe you should ease up. Knowing Black, he'll turn up eventually. I say we just wait it out and—" Dru couldn't finish the rest of his sentence because Kydric jumped up from the sofa and decked him straight in his mouth. He fell into the wall, and slid down on the floor, holding his face.

"You little muthafucka, you must've lost yo mind!" Kydric roared. "We ain't waiting on shit! Find that bitch ass nigga and bring him to us! You got that?!"

Dru looked up at him as blood leaked down over his bottom lip. He didn't say anything, he only nodded. He was just a young buck— a rookie to the game, so niggas made sure to keep him in place every now and then.

"Get the fuck out, nigga!" Kydric spat at him, as he grabbed him up by his shirt collar. Dru tripped over his feet a few times before he finally caught his balance. Kydric opened the front door and shoved him out. "I want that nigga's head on a platter, muthafucka! Don't come back until you have it!" He yelled before slamming the door.

I shook my head as he made his way back to the living room. He was pacing back and forth around the room. Black had really done a number on him. His right eye was clamped shut, his jaw was slightly swollen and his lip was busted up pretty bad. I couldn't believe Remy when she called and told me what went down at the club. Ever since then, Kydric had been on a rampage looking for Black and whatever chick he had with him.

I wasn't gonna stop him either. For the first time since the bad blood started, I could see that he truly wanted Black dead. Just like I did. We were finally on the same page and I damn sure wasn't gonna waste such an opportunity. When Kydric put his mind to something, the nigga was very resourceful.

The day after the assault, he put a fifty thousand dollar hit out on Black's head. I knew when word got out, niggas would be on the street hunting his ass down. The only problem was that the nigga was basically untouchable. As much as I hate to admit it, Black had a pretty solid reputation— niggas were scared of him. So scared in fact, that fifty G's
didn't mean shit to them.

So I decided to up the price. A hundred grand for the person that could deliver him to me— dead or alive. I didn't give a fuck. Of course I had my soldiers out on the streets day and night looking for him too. Hell, if one of my guys found him at least we wouldn't have to give up any money. On top of that, they'd been instructed not to kill the nigga.