Fifteen- Ken, Harlem & Ky.

K E N D R I C K
TWO WEEKS LATER

Tonight was what everyone needed— a party

Tonight was what everyone needed— a party. I know I did. Things were tense at home between Ramona and I, so I could damn sure use a diversion. On top of that, I was still worried about Kareem. He was finally back in school but it would be another week before he'd be cleared to play with the team again. He'd be back for the last two games of the season as well as playoffs if he could just keep his act together. The only problem was, I didn't know if he was doing that. I'd lifted his curfew and now he spent most of his time riding through Memphis with Kydric and I didn't know what the hell they were getting into. His little fuck up hadn't disappeared yet either and everyday Brooks called me with updates. At the moment, the prosecutor was still building a case against him and Brooks told me that it wasn't looking good. I didn't know how long this shit would take, but I just continued to sit back and wait. There wasn't much else I could do. I'd just have to let the shit play out and then go from there.

I had shit going on in other places as well. I'd popped up on Trinette a few days ago after a week of her not answering my calls and to my surprise, someone had fucked her face up real bad. She told me that was the only reason she hadn't contacted me. She said she had Kali staying at her mom's place for a while, just until her face started looking a little better. The corners of her mouth were sliced and it looked like she had a big ass smile on her face— the shit was sick and I was livid. I'd been damn near begging her for the last few days to give me a name but she refused. I could tell the shit had her spooked, but I didn't know what to do.

I hadn't heard anything from Black, but I made sure my soldiers and I were always on our guard. When he left my house that day, Joey went with him and I knew that was the side he chose. It didn't come as a surprise to me though and I didn't trip over it. I hadn't seen either of them since, but in the event that I did run into them, I was prepared— although I didn't exactly know what would go down. Regardless, I prepared for the worst. The news people were going wild, reporting murders almost every other night and I was sure Black had something to do with it.

There were so many things that had my attention at the moment and I was stressed the fuck out. The party tonight would definitely be a welcomed distraction. "Yo, put them balloons up higher!" I yelled to one of the guys I hired to decorate the club. It was Kareem's eighteenth birthday finally and I was gonna make sure it was a night we'd all remember.

The party was gonna be hosted at my club, The LUXit was a lavish nightclub that housed the baddest strippers and it was about thirty minutes outside of Orange Mound. The club was always packed and celebrities of all types showed face. Memphis legends, Three 6 Mafia and even Key Glock had performed here before. The spot was legit. I never let Reem come to any of my clubs, but I was breaking my own rules tonight— fuck it! You only turned eighteen once and I was going all out.

I was assisting one of the worker's with Kareem's birthday banner when my phone rang in my pocket. I stepped back, making sure the banner was centered above the luxurious VIP area before answering. "Hello?"