𝕊uffocation

"Why is Tokyo's summer so hot? With this heat, I'm really going to die."

Barano Yuue mumbled as she wiped her sweat with the back of her hand as she stood in front of the bustling entrance of Shinjuku Station. The handy fan she had just bought a few weeks back, had most deffinetly not helped her in any way.
"Yuu! Did I make you wait?" As if on cue, a high pitched voice calls out from behind Yuue as she links arms with her.
"Nope, not at all. I just came here a few minutes ago. We're just waiting on the boys." Yuue responded, looking up at the taller girl, "Cute outfit by the way."
"Thanks, just bought it. According to ClikClak, it's suppossed to make me look a little taller." Mizuka replied happily. She turned, showing off her dress she was wearing, "You know, we should go shopping some time soon."
"Agreed. I need your fashion advice, I shouldn't even stand next to you, looking like this." Yuue said, laughing in pity at herself. She was wearing long denim jeans, a black tank top, with a checkered shirt on top.
"You're wearing that in the middle of summer? Are you not hot?" Mizuka asked curiously, looking at Yuue in a weird way, "I'm getting hot watching you wear that."
"Yeah, no duh. Thank for telling me. I forgot to check the weather this morning because I woke up late." Yuue retorted, making a face at the other girl, "But, there's a perk to covering up. I won't get sun burned."
"Okay, what ever you say."
"Hey, that's not how you should be responding. You should say something like 'Yay!'."
"Good for you?"
"Mizu, you're just jealous."
"Am not!"
"Are too!"
"Am not!
"Are too!"
"Oh be quiet, shortie!"
"How dare you!"
It was a hot and sunny afternoon, Tokyo's sun had been gleaming harshly on every pedestrian in the crowded streets of Shinjuku. For Yuue, Mizuka, and the rest of the young people in Japan, it was the first week of summer vacation.
"Why are they so late? " Yuue sighed, throwing her hands up in the air, "I mean, come on! It's been 20 minutes since the meeting up time." She complains checking her watch for the 20th time.
"I mean, what's new?" Mizuka said, shrugging and putting her arm around the shorter girl, "Hey, did you gain weight over the few days?" She asked as she pinched Yuue's stomach.
    "Ow!" Yuue yelped unexpectedly, turning a few heads towards them, "Oh, sorry. Please don't mind us, we were just playing around." She apologized, bowing to the people around her.
    Yuue could hear a series of complaints and bad mouthing by the people around her being said under their breaths.
    "That was your fault." Yuue complained silently, glaring at Mizuka.
    "Was not!" Mizuka retorted, sticking her tongue out at Yuue.
    "Was too!"
    "Was not!"
"Wa-"
"You guys are so loud." A strong hand gripped Yuue's mouth from behind the girls, to silence her so she won't get any louder and not cause embarrassment to herself or cause any trouble to other people around them.
"And you're late, Kao." Mizuka replied with a flat tone while undoing her arms from Yuue.
"Geez, I'm only..." Kaoki looks at his wristwatch, "Oh crap, sorry guys." He said to the girls who were glaring at him.
"And you're how many minutes late?"
"Ok, so it's 01:08 right now and the meet up time was 12:30 so..."
"38 minutes, honestly is it that hard?" Yuue huffed, clearly annoyed, "And where's Haji?" She asked looking around, "Oh there he is!" She exclaimed waving at a young boy, who was waving back, running towards the station's exit, "Oh..."
While running, Hajito had tripped over the ticket gate, bumping into a few people in
"Oh my, Haji. Are you okay?" Mizuka had rushed over to help Hajito up. He nodded, standing up looking a little flustered, "Aww...are you sure you're okay? Not hurt, right?" She asked with a worried expression on her face, looking at him up and down to clarify he was really okay.
"Y, yes. I'm okay, now stop. It's embarassing." Hajito said pushing Mizuka off of him and heading towards the people who he had bumped into earlier, "I'm sorry, are you okay?"
"Oh, me?  Yes, I'm ok, thank you for asking young man. Just be careful on where you go next time. Hope to see you soon." A young woman with an black hime-hair cut, wearing a long black dress with long black gloves said, smiling at the group and walked off.
"Well, that was embarrassing." Hajito exclaimed laughing nervously as he brushed himself off, "So, where are we going? Have we made any plans?" He asked, facing the rest of the group.
"Well, we haven't decided because some people came late." Mizuka said shrugging, "I mean your loss, not ours, right Yuue?" She asked, nudging Yuue in the ribs.
"I guess..." Yuue said in a small voice, looking down at her phone, "Hold on."
"What are you looking at, Yuu?" Hajito asked as he peered over Yuue's shoulders, "Who's Asacchi, Yuu?"
"Oh, Mizu and my classmate. We've been close since middle school, since we both went to the same school together." She replied still looking down at her phone and typing something into the phone very quickly.
"What does she want?" Mizuka asked impatiently, looking ready to go.
"Oh, I thought maybe we should invite her and Momo. I mean, the more the merrier, right?" Yuue replied, finally looking up from her phone.
"Didn't they have practice for the Band Club competitions today?" Mizuka replied as she started to link arms with Yuue.
"Oh, you know. You may be right." Yuue shrugged, putting her phone away in her tote bag.
"For once..." Kaoki muttered under his breath, jokingly. Yuue heard that and smirked, trying to keep
"Hey! I heard that! Take that back!" Mizuka said chasing Kaoki around in circles and smacking him. Yuue and Hajito, exchanged a look with each other at the same time and bursted out laughing.
"That was a joke! I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Kaoki exclaimed in between his laughter and pants. Kaoki lifted Mizuka in the air until she was squealing.
"Okay, that's enough. So where are we going?" Hajito asked, tugging on Yuue's arm, "Oh! What about karaoke? I don't think we haven't gone to karaoke since the tests." He suggested.
"That doesn't sound so bad!" Mizuka agreed, as Kaoki put her down on the ground. She smoothed out her new dress, "Also, let go of Yuu's left hand. That's my spot!"
"Nope, you can take her other hand, I like holding her left hand."
"No! Thats my pla-"
"Let's go!" Kaoki said, draging Yuue's free hand, "You can hold my hand, Mizu."
"Eww, as if! I would never want to hold your hand. I don't think anyone wants to hold your hand, Kaoki." Mizuka replied still trying to pry Hajito's hand off of her best friend's arm.
"That wasn't a question. Just do as I say."
"No way."
"Uhm..guys?" Yuue complained, "I'm hot."
"Shut up. Don't brag about it, we know you are." Mizuka responded mockingly.
"Wha...rude."