suffocation (pt. 2)

"She said our room was number 16, right?"

Hajito asked the rest of the group as they were walking down the dark hall of the karaoke shop, walking past rooms after rooms full of laughter, singing, and color neon lights.
"Yes, room 16." Kaoki responded, rolling his eyes. "This is your 5th time asking while walking, you doofus." Kaoki put Hajito in a headlock, "Why are you so worried?" He asked teasingly.
"Stop fidgeting with that basket, you're going to break it and Kao's going to have to pay for it." Yuue exclaimed, grabbing Hajito's right hand, which was fidgeting with the basket the staff at the front desk of the karaoke shop had handed him. It had the mics in it along with the menus of food, in case they got hungry.
"Me? Why me?" Kaoki asked shocked, "We all know that my pockets are empty so someone else is going to have to pay for it."
"But you're the oldest."
"Okay and? That doesn't explain a single thing, Yuu."
"Stop the fighting, lovebirds." Mizuka said stepping inbetween them.
""Lovebirds!?!?""
"Yes, you guys are fighting as if you guys are a married couple." Mizuka explained, putting her hands up defensively, "Right, Haji?"
"Uhm, yeah. Yeah, you guys really do look like lovebirds." Hajito laughed nervously.
"Anyways, tell me why you're so nervous, Haji." Kaoki asked, as the group continued walking.
"Don't tell me you're so worried because of the time you opened the wrong room on your way back from the bathroom, but instead of us being in the room, it was a couple kissing each other and undressing each other." Mizuka asked, giggling, "Remember we heard a loud shriek and shouting from the next room?"
"Hey, that was not funny." Hajito retorted, blushing, "I'm telling you, that was embarrassing and really scary." Hajito shuddered and shook his head.
"Didn't the staff from the karaoke shop have to rush over to see what the comotion was about after?" Yuue asked, bursting into laughter.
"Oh yeah and we had to rush out of our rooms because we thought Haji got hurt or something? Then, we found out that the couple was from a local high school nearby and the staff called the high school, who called their parents and the couple was suspended right?" Mizuka confirmed, laughing so hard.
"Stop it! Stop laughing, it's embarassing alright?" Hajito said covering his face with his arm, baffled, "I think we're here." Hajito said opening the door without confirming if it was the right room. It was too late, Hajito had already opened the door. Inside was a family sitting and looking at Hajito as if he were crazy, "I'm so sorry!" Hr cried out loud, slamming the door shut. Everyone instantly looked at each other and bursted out laughing.
"I tried warning you but you opened the door way quicker than I expected." Yuue said inbetween laughs, "Haji, my stomach hurts, you made me laugh too much."
"How are you so unlucky to have something happen to you?" Kaoki exclaimed, tearing up from so much laughing, "I think this is it, right?"
"I, I think so?" Hajito said, unsure, "I mean there's a big number 16 on the door, so I'm pretty sure."
"Okay, then lets go in."
"We wasted a good 20 minutes out in the hallways, guys." Mizuka said as she checked her phone.
"I'm gonna go get the soft drinks." Yuue exclaimed, standing up as everyone put their belongings down and started setting up the karaoke machine.
"That would be so helpful, thanks, Yuu." Kaoki said, looking up from the karaoke tablet "Who wants to go first?"
"Tell me what you guys want so I can go get it."
"Grape panta!"
"Orange juice, please."
"Melon soda."
"Okay, I'll be back." Yuue said, noting all the orders down on her phone and getting ready to head to the drink bars out in the hallways.
"I'll help you, Yuu!" Hajito said jumping up from his seat and chasing after Yuue.
"Thanks, that'll help." Yuue responded with a smile.
"No problem."
As they stepped out into the hallway, there was nothing but pure silence. They just kept walking until they reached the drink bar.
"Haji, do you have a lot of homework?" Yuue asked, deciding to cut the akward silence.
"No, not much. The projects are just a pain. There's not as much homework but instead, they just gave us a project from each class. It's stressful." Hajito responded, ruffling his hair up a bit.
"It'll be fine. I mean, if you look on the brightside, summer vacation just started this week so you still have 3 weeks to finish the projects. Plus, if you need any help, Mizu, Kao, and I are here to help you, anytime."
"Anytime?"
"Of course, anytime."
"Good."
"You're weird."
It was back to silence, each of them filling up the cups with the drinks each person had wanted.
"Melon soda for me, orange juice for Mizu, and grape panta for Kao, right?" Hajito asked Yuue, for clarification.
"Yep. That's what they said." Yuue replied, checking her phone to check her list, "I mean, they could come back to the drink bar to get seconds and thirds because it is free."
"Yea, I guess." Hajito paused his speaking for a moment. "You know, Yuu. I've always wondered why you're so small and short."
"Well then why are you big and tall, Haji?" Yuue asked, picking up two glasses, while Hajito picked up the other two.
"I think genetics." Hajito replied, as they walked back to room 16.
"There you go, that's your answer, Haji." Yuue looked at Haji as they stopped at room 16, "Can you open the door for me, big guy? My elbows don't reach."
"Sure thing, shortie." Haji said, opening the door. 
"Thanks. We're back!" Yuue exclaimed, putting the drinks down on the table infront of the TV monitor with the song lyrics, "So, what did you guys sing when we were gone?"
"Nothing much. Maybe like a few songs." Mizuka responded, reaching for the drinks, 'Thanks for drinks, by the way." Mizuka said as she took big gulp from her drink.
"No problem." Yuue replied and she finally got to sit down, "So, why doesn't someone do a duet? Like a Bisney princess and prince duet?" Yuue asks, putting in some songs.
"Why don't you do it, Yuu. We all know you have an amazing voice." Mizuka said, handing Yuue a mic and Haji another so that they could duet.
"Hey, isn't someone's phone ringing?" Kaoki asked as he pointed at the vibrating phone on the table, "I think this is Yuu's. Here, we can pause the song for now and come back to it later. Go answer the phone, Yuu." Kaoki said, handing Yuue, her phone as she stepped out into the hallway once more.
"Hello?"