Chapter Five: Woken Up

Mephisto opened the door and walked through it, "All of you follow me." He said. Yukio, Rin, and Annahime followed him through the door. "Annahime do you remember this place?" Mephisto asked her as they walked up to an old house. "...Wait this is where..." she started as she remembered herself being at the faded white peeling house before. She walked up to it as Rin and Yukio looked at Mephisto. "Sir Pheles what is going on?" Yukio asked as Mephisto answered. "Just wait a moment and I will explain."

Annahime walked up to the front door and noticed the scratches and discoloration and the faded brass doorknob. "..This is where I..." Annahime said as she pushed the door open and a flash of images returned to her. She walked through the front door her footsteps being heard with every creek on the wooden floorboard.

Mephisto started walking to the front door, "She is a very special child." He said as Rin and Yukio followed him into the house. "Wait special? Like me and Rin?" Yukio asked walking beside Rin. "No she is not like you two, but she was born with abilities that can protect." Mephisto replied walking inside the house. "Abilities that can protect?" Rin asked looking around the house. The inside of the house was barren and fading, with dull wallpaper and dusty furniture and appliances. "Yes, she has the power to protect anyone whom she cares for." Mephisto said as Annahime turned and stopped. "...Mephisto... what's going on?"

Mephisto walked up to Annahime as Rin and Yukio followed him. "Do you remember now Annie?" He asked her again. "Yes... some of it...but why did I forget?" Annahime asked as Mephisto looked around the house. "Someone I think does not want you to remember. Would you have any idea who might it be?" Annahime shook her head as she answered. "No, I have no idea who would." She opened the back porch door.

"Wait this is...." She said walking down the woodened and faded porch steps. "This is where I first saw you." Annahime said looking at the side of the porch. "Yes, that's right." Mephisto said walking up. "I don't understand...why...he would do this..."

"Why would who?" Mephisto asked her. "Carcer was his name right?" Rin said walking up. "Carcer? He came into my office the day before saying that he was now in charge of the murder cases." Mephisto added as Annahime looked at him. "Wait that's why he was here? He said he had one thing he had to do and it was here in Japan." She said then looked over at Mephisto. "What that man said...I think it was German...it was Kind von Gott...but that means Child of God. Why would he say that? That's what anyone who accepts Christ is called." She asked. "Well that is interesting for a person to say." Mephisto said walking back to the door from where they came from. "I think it would be best if we head back to the academy now." He exclaimed holding the door open. "Alright." Rin said as they all walked through the door.

The night air was fresh with the sky a deep dark color with a crescent moon shinning in the sky. The academy street lights lit up the night sky, as Rin and Yukio waved goodbye to Annahime at her dormitory door. Yukio and Rin then went to their dormitory and walked up the stairs. Yukio's phone rang and he picked it up. "It's another call. I have to go on this one." He said turning around and reloading his gun. "Okay, wait another call for the same thing?" Rin asked as Yukio replied while running down the stars. "Yes, and finish your homework!" "Ugh, okay fine jeez." Rin said sighing opening their dorm room.

Yukio arrived at the scene as coal tars were surrounding the entire building and crushing it. The coal tars were increasing in numbers as exorcists were trying to exterminate them all, but to no avail. "Sir Pheles we need your assistance with this!" "Your leader is not here at the moment. So I will step in." Carcer said holding out his hand as it darkened as a dark hole began to form in his palm and sucked in all the coal tars sealing them. "Whoa." One of the exorcists said as Carcer walked off. "You are all dismissed." He said walking into a wall and fading through it.