Chapter Twelve: One Key Found

Annahime woke up and noticed that she wasn't in the ball room anymore but in a prison cell. She looked around to see the moldy walls and faded grey bricks that were cracked and dried up, as Shura holding her head from where she had been struck.

"What happened?" Shura said looking around.

"I don't know..." Annahime replied. Annahime grabbed her side quickly as it ached in pain. She looked at her hand that she placed on her side and it had blood on it. "Oh great..." She said holding her side then realized she was in a white plain dress. "How did I get in this?" She said looking at the white dress. "Hey, you're not the only one questioning on why we have on different clothes." Shura said in a sad tone, "I liked my dress I had on..." she added pouting.

Annahime pulled her legs in, and wrapped her arms around her legs. She put her head down on her hands which were on her knees, and looked down with a slightly saddened face.

"Why would he put us here? What is Carcer planning to do here?" she thought to herself. She looked at her locket and opened it, "Please don't make this place be what I think it is... Samuel...please hurry...before he calls..."she thought gripping her hand tightly on the locket.

Mephisto was walking to the communications room at a fast pace, "What happened!?" he demanded.

"All of the communications were cut off Sir. Someone knew we were coming!" A man said trying to get the computers back online.

Mephisto walked to the monitors and the computers. "Get them back on this instant!" He said sternly, as the James walked in.

"You rushed things this time Pheles." James said tossing Mephisto a key. "I realized that, and may I ask why you are here?" Mephisto said turning around, as James looking the monitors.

James had red dark hair that was long, with bangs, and kept combed back, had on a simple grey shirt tucked in, and blue jeans.

Mephisto sat down in one of the chairs, resting his elbow on the arm of the chair, and placing his hand under his chin. "You're not telling me all of it are you, James?" Mephisto asked James looking at him.

"Well, I guess you caught me." James said shrugging his shoulders, "I heard about Annahime, so I am guessing she is missing now wherever I show up as always? Also, one of the key to that is able to open Gehenna was found." James said with a serious expression.

Carcer walked into the cell chambers and stopped at the cell where Annahime and Shura were inside of. He snapped his fingers as a door opened to the side of their cell and two long blurry figures walked out. Annahime jolted up from sitting down and stepped back.

Shura held out her hand towards her chest, "Devour the eight princesses, sly the serpent!" she said loudly but her sword did not appear. "What!?" Shura said surprised and Annahime was pinned to the ground.

"Annahime!" Shura yelled out then was knocked out by the black tall figures. "Stop it! Don't hurt her!" Annahime pleaded looking at Carcer. Carcer grinned slightly as the black figure held Annahime up, "She is going back to the academy, while you are going somewhere into a long memory." He said knocking Annahime out, as the two black figures carried Shura and Annahime out of the cell.

Annahime mumbled as she woke up moving her arms to notice a weird clanking sound as she moved them. "Wha-" she said noticing she was chained by her wrists and ankles.

"Well the little half breed's princess awakens from her slumber!" Carcer said sarcastically behind a glass wall where Annahime could see him. "Let's have him hear what his little princess will become after I deal with her." He said pressing a button as a monitor came on.

"Sir Pheles we have something taking over all of our systems!" a technician said as Mephisto stood up. "Welcome to all who hear this at True Cross Head Quarters. Well now I think your president of this branch is missing someone that he raised." Carcer said as he turned his monitor to make Annahime on the screen.

"Carcer let her go." Pastor James said as Carcer smirked as the wall behind Annahime opened up into a cylinder chamber. "This young girl has a special ability you could say she can open a door per say to anywhere she wants to. This is because of her gift to protect the ones she cares for, also her being a Kind Von Gott." Carcer explained.

Mephisto looked at the chamber and noticed what the marking were inside of it, "Carcer if any harm comes to her-"

"If she survives half-breed, and I have one question for you. What happens when you combine her protective powers and yours together? Imagine what could it create?" Carcer asked smirking. Mephisto looked away quickly then went back to the screen, "You do know what happens don't you?" Carcer said turning on switches and the chamber lights on. Annahime realized her chains were disintegrating and the floor lighting up.

"Wait they only activate when...!" Annahime said then looked up at Carcer.

"When you or a person you care for is in danger." Carcer said pressing a button as a spear shot out. Annahime dodged the spear then other weapons came hurtling at her. She tried to doge them but her powers kicked in with a flash of light. The white light filled the whole room blinding everything in and all of those who could see it, then it dissipated with Annahime nowhere to be seen.

Mephisto's eyes widened as he looked at the screen and all the monitors, "What have you done?" he scarcely said trying to keep in his anger held in by fear. The monitors went off line and then Mephisto's cell phone rang an anime opening. He answered his phone cautiously, "Mephisto Pheles peaking." He said as Carcer voice came through the phone. "A fool's riddle will come to an end half-breed. Your time will run out for the coming of my pale rapture." Carcer said smiling cutting the conversation off.