Chapter 16: Past(part 3)

Mephisto clenched his fists after hearing Annahime scream his name. He looked up at the man with a new expression. Mephisto was not angry, scared, nor irritated...but infuriated by this man now. James looked and knew what Mephisto was about to do.

"All exorcists fall back! This is an order!" James yelled.

"Well now... are you finally going to show this world your true nature?" The man said grinning.

"I would advise you to stay silent." Mephisto said with his voice lower than usual.

"Maybe if you would let us have the child, then it wouldn't have come to this."

The man said as his expression changed. "I could even find even find out what makes this girl "tick"." He had the expression on his face as those words came out made the atmosphere cold and chilling.

Mephisto had had enough with that last remark and walked slowly to him. Any demon that tried to attack Mephisto was immediately killed without hesitation. Mephisto did not even lifted his hand when a heard of demon came flying at him and they stopped and ran off.

"I would advise everyone to stand down!" Mephisto projected his voice so everyone could hear it. "He has crossed his limits!"

The exorcists did as told and sheetfed their weapons. Mephisto stopped and looked up at the man.

The man dashed toward Mephisto and Mephisto dodged him with ease. Mephisto drew his umbrella and block the man's sword from hitting his face. The man swung his blade to Mephisto's head. Mephisto counter attacked by swinging his umbrella at the man and hitting him.

While Mephisto was in battle with the man Father Fujimoto was entering an old church still carrying Annahime. Exorcists followed him as he tried to calm Annahime.

"Kid calm down you old man can handle a guy like that." Fujimoto said putting her down.

"But he is different!" Annahime said looking at him.

"Different how?" Father Fujimoto asked.

Annahime looked around and ran down the hall way of the church.

"H-HEY!" Fujimoto yelled chasing after her.

He could see her turning down the hallway quickly followed her. He caught up to see her trying to push a statue of a weeping angel.

"That thing won't move." He said but Annahime kept on trying.

"It supposed to open that's what it was meant to do!" Annahime said aloud.

Fujimoto shook his head, "Who told you that?" he asked her.

She looked around and ran over to a side of the wall. Annahime pushed on the wall and the weeping angel's arms moved down words from her face. Father Fujimoto looked at her and was amazed. No one has been in the church for centuries and a passageway was opened underneath the angel statue.

"I don't know really. I just felt something was in hiding." Annahime said and something shot through her head.

"Hey hey hey! What's wrong?" Fujimoto caught her as she stumbled back and fell.

Annahime was able to stand but was concerned now for Mephisto. "Mephy.." She said aloud.

"What about him?" Father Fujimoto said and she ran toward the opening of the stairway passage.

"That man is toying with Mephy...something bad is about to happen." Annahime said running down the stairs.

Mephisto was still fighting the man and they clashed again causing his umbrella to go flying through the air. The two dashed backwards as Mephisto wiped away the blood from his forehead.