Chapter Twelve

I made the wrong move.

I made the wrong decision.

I did something that will come back and haunt me (pun unintended). My fist connected with his jaw out of an instinctual fight or flight mode. Sam had tried pulling my arms behind my back, but there was no use in stopping me especially when I had pushed him across the room.

"You leave my son the hell alone!" I screamed as I walked up to his hurt body. "You want to know what I was doing for two years? I was raising him, I was trying to get out of the life. I didn't want him to be a part of this hell," I paced back and forth as he struggled to get to his feet. "It's bastards like you that I have to protect him from."

"He's a monster, Dillon."

"He's my son!" I screamed as my fist was met with his jaw once more. I heard Dean shouting at me but I had also been ignoring him completely.

"You're a mother to an abomination?!"

"He's not an abomination!" Sam shouted in anger.

"Sure am, John! That's right, I slept with a damn angel!" I shouted angrily as my instinct was to throw another punch at his face but my bicep was grabbed. "Let me go, Sam!" I twisted around angrily.

"We got a problem, Dillon," he muttered with clenched teeth. I shot my eyes behind him to see untied ropes and a bewildered Dean standing there looking at the scene.

"Kid has wings," Dean announced the disappearance of Lucas.

"Great, the monster is gone."

"Call my kid a monster one more damn time, I'll kill ya," I looked back to John with more anger than I could muster in the moment. I wasn't sorry for threatening the person who gave me life but what I was feeling was pure rage.

I turned back to the missing space that was once taken by my son and looked between my brothers.

"Where is he?"

"I'll call Cass," Dean announced as he went to grab his phone.

"No!" I said urgently as I held my hands out. He knitted his brows softly.

"Dillon, he's the only one that will be able to track him."

"Cass is working on something," I spoke calmly as I have Sam a small glance in hopes that he knew what Cass was doing. Sam looked to Dean as Dean looked between the two of us with skepticism.

"Are the both of you hiding something from me?"

"How about the three of you hiding from yourselves how big a problem this kid is that you have let join the family? Do you realize the power you created? The first of his kind, Dillon," John had gotten to his feet and was standing between Sam and me. I took a deep breath as I took a few steps back from him.

"You say 'let' like we adopted him," I muttered under my breath as I let my arms cross over my chest. I just wanted him back home especially with the thing Castiel is hunting out there. "He probably ran away from you, John. He already knew stories about you, and seeing it in real life in our perspective, hit him," I gesture to the three of us.

John took a significant breath as if he was about to speak again.

"I know you don't like me and I certainly don't like you whatsoever, but he is a Winchester. You believed in Sam and me for a long time, John. Give your grandson a chance," I spoke with a shakier voice than I had intended to do so. I heard Dean let out a breath behind me as John lowered his head then looked back at the three of us with a look of defeat.