Chapter Fifteen

"You know, there's someone that's been begging to see you," I heard Sam on the other side of my door. After my anger had gotten the better of me in the hallway, Dean allowed me to go back to my bedroom and let me deal with everything how I wanted to deal with it. In his mind, as long as he wasn't getting the ass end of it, he didn't care anymore.

I hated that's where it ended up. If I could keep spending days in this room without being bothered, I was going to do it. That included keeping Cass away from me because I didn't want sympathy and I didn't need sympathy. With how unpredictable my anger was right now, I didn't want him to receive the ass end of it like my brothers did. I know none of them wanted to receive the silent treatment nor did they deserve it, but right now that's where I was.

"Dillon, I'm not upset about earlier," Sam tried getting something out me, but even if he was telling the truth, there's no way. "I know you're hurting, and Dean and I don't know what it feels like to lose a child. I know your hurt is a thousand times worse than what we're feeling. I know you didn't mean the things you said. You're my twin, I can ... you're like another piece of me, so I feel like I destroyed you and I can feel your pain. You know I can connect to you a hell of a lot easier than Dean does."

I continued to stay quiet as I fiddled with a piece of loose thread coming out of my comforter. It's like deep down I really did want Sam because he was right, if there's anyone that could help me the best it was him, but I couldn't bring myself to admit it.

"Dillon," I heard him sigh before a small thump which told me he was sitting on the floor against my door. Sam and I did everything together so if one of us was hurt the other couldn't help but to feel it.

"Sammy," I whispered as my eyes involuntarily filled until they couldn't hold anymore water, and they began to fall silently. I forced myself up as the tears forced themselves down and shuffled to my door. I clicked the lock then dropped my hand to my side as I heard him shuffle to his feet quickly then rush the door open. He looked down at me as the sob escaped my lungs and the tears went faster.

"Oh, Dill," he sighed as he picked me up bridal style and walked to my bed. I gripped his flannel as the fire in my chest kept getting more intense. He sat down with me in his lap as he crossed his legs and held me as close to him as he could. "I wish I could take this away."

"I — I can't!" I sobbed out nearing a scream as I clutched onto Sam as if he would disappear too.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm here," he kissed my head.

****

Dean was thumbing through a book in the library not really reading it, just trying to find something to fill his mind other than his baby sister's screams. They had stopped about an hour ago, and he had hoped that everything is okay, but Sam seemed to be able to help her the most right now so he kept to himself. The chance his sister had to actually be able to be with her son after he was born was a once in a lifetime chance, and he knew to have him ripped away ruined it.

He had continued to take her words into thought about how if he had just left them alone, Luke would still be alive. He heard footsteps coming into the library and being thankful he pushed the book closed slightly to see who it was and when he saw Sam he breathed out in relief as he shut the book and pushed it away.

"You weren't really reading that, were you?"

"Huh? Oh hell no," Dean got to his feet, anxious to know something about his sister. "She okay?"

"Far from it," Sam breathed as he sat down putting his face in his hands. "I've never seen her this broken before. I don't know what to do, and it doesn't help she's stubborn as hell."