Chapter Thirteen

I was sitting in the medical room beside the bed we had put Castiel on when getting back to the bunker. There was a bowl of bloody water sitting on the table next to the bed as I wiped at the wounds covering his face and chest. Jack was sitting in a chair on the other side of the bed as he watched the only father figure he knew sitting on the bed hurt.

"Did you find Luke?" Jack moved his eyes from Cass to me as I looked deep into Cass's closed eyes.

"I didn't," my voice was barely above a whisper as I took Cass's hand in my own as I continued to dab at the wounds. "What did you get yourself into?"

"Did he tell you what he was hunting?"

Knowing that what was going on was eventually going to come out, I debated on telling Jack the truth, but then I remembered at Dean didn't know yet either. I couldn't tell Jack before I told Dean what was going on. I only shook my head as I placed the bloody rag back in the bowel and left a kiss to Cass's forehead.

"Come and get me if he wakes up."

I walked up the steps to the door of the medical room which had led to the library where I could hear Sam and Dean talking. What I heard Dean saying had me taking a few steps backwards.

"Hold on, you knew the kid has been in danger the moment she left and you didn't bother telling me?! Much less convincing her to stay!"

I began to slowly step backwards back toward the door.

"Get your ass in here, Dillon Mary!"

I jumped lightly at the anger that was in his voice as he had known I was trying to leave the room. I let out a deep breath as I fiddled with my fingers as I took my steps toward my brother.

"Please tell me Sam is lying to me and that you weren't in on this secret either," he looked over to me angrily.

"I — Dean," I breathed which only resulted in him throwing his fist down on the table as he looked between the two of us angrily.

"I thought we were done with the secrets!" he shouted as he looked between Sam and me. "Don't tell me you knew when you left."

"Dean, I would have stayed," my voice cracked because I hated when either of them were this angry with me. Dean gave Sam a look that could kill with more anger than I have seen in a long time. "Dean, don't be mad at Sam."

"I have every right to be mad at him! He knew that our sister was in trouble for two years! Two damn years, Dillon and he didn't tell me!" Dean roared in both of our directions. I jumped as I let out a slow breath with my eyes closed. I would have been mad too, and part of me had been mad since he knew for so long, but I would have done the same thing and so would have Dean. It's not fair to get mad at Sam.

"We would have done the same thing, Dean. It's not fair for us to get mad at Sam for his choice."

"Who's the bastard after my nephew?" Dean looked at Sam angrily.

Sam stayed quiet resulting in Dean looking at me in curiosity but I shook my head with a shrug.

"I couldn't tell you the last time he talked to me about it. I wish I had known so I know what the hell happened to Cass and if my son could be potentially ... " I crossed my arms over my chest as I gave Sam a curious look as well with a shaky breath escaping at the thought.

"He's not that!" Dean roared.

"You scream at me again and I swear I will stab you," I gave Dean a threatening look.

"I think I actually have a — "

The scenery around us had changed to a wooded area but yet one of a cemetery. I looked around as I took in the scenery as I wondered where we were and who had gotten us here. Except us was just me in the long end or at least I thought it was just me when a rather short man came from around a tree.