Chapter Ten

I had been pacing back and forth in my room as I chewed on my nail as thoughts were going through my head a million miles per hour and I couldn't pick a single one out to focus on it. I wasn't sure what everyone else had been doing but as for me, I was stressing about the well-being of my son. The safety of my son.

I was debating if it was okay to let him be on his own, but I wasn't sure why I would even debate that. It wasn't safe especially with the angel that was after him according to Sam's research. The research that we continued to keep from Dean and Castiel.

Something they needed to know but we didn't want them to know about.

"You're freaking out."

I stopped pacing as I saw my twin brother standing there in the doorway with his famous worried look. I sighed as I continued pacing back and forth with my thumb in my mouth chewing on it.

"I mean, should — should we let him go out there by himself?"

Sam took a deep breath to answer but I held my hand up quickly.

"Never mind, don't answer that. That's such a stupid question."

"Is it?" he asked seriously as he walked into the room more. I knitted my brows as I gave him a curious look.

"Yes, Sam it is. You and I especially should know that with that angel out there hunting him. The angel that we're keeping from Dean and Cass. You and I know the amount of danger he's in — "

" — When he was the size of a child."

"Sam, his size has nothing to do with the fact he is powerful as hell. Potentially more powerful than Jack. Actually, where is Jack? I haven't seen him since — gosh I don't know."

"He's taking some hunts by himself. Him and Dean kind of got into it again while you were gone. Shortly before you got back actually," Sam nodded his head from side to side as he thought about it. "Why? You think he'd be able to help with Lucas?"

"They're both powerful nephilums. It only makes sense. Only two of their kind that we know of."

"Yet still completely different," Castiel had joined Sam's side giving me a small smile. I smiled back as I looked back to my brother.

"If we leave he leaves with us. He's under our supervision just until we get a complete grasp on everything."

"Of course," Sam gives a small nod of the head before patting Cass's shoulder slightly and leaving the room. I took a deep breath then looked back to Cass getting lost in his blue eyes as he walked closer.

"How is he?"

"Quite frustrated, but he's clearly just as confused about it all as we are. All we know is that he's created from a nephilum and a demon blood carrier," he walks closer to me engulfing me in a tight hug. A tight hug that had taken me by a big surprise, but I hug back just as tight as a hollow pit in my stomach had opened.

"What's wrong? I've done something, haven't I? Is it my constant freaking out? You can sense it, can't you? I'm making you uncomfortable. I —

— Dillon, please," he pulled back as he held either of my shoulders looking deep into my eyes. As he looked deep into my eyes, pleasant visions had clouded my mind making me instantly relax. "The moment I met you, I knew that I was going to have to do anything to keep you protected, to keep you happy."

I gave him a small smile as my eyes couldn't decided which of his to focus on.

"When you asked me to have such a big responsibility as caring for your child under the impression of you dying, I made a big vow to not only you but the boy. Then Dean made me promise to never hurt you, I hold dear to my promises."