Chapter Two

"Uncle Dean?"

I turned around at the quiet, tired sound of my son's voice while Dean had peeked around me to see his nephew for himself. Luke had been rubbing at his eyes tiredly as he was trying to decipher whether he had been dreaming or if his Uncle Dean was truly standing here coming to see us.

"Are you really here?" he had suddenly put a very confused look on his face as he was seriously having some belief issues, and I don't blame him after everything I've said about not being able to see Sam and Dean and not seeing them for two years.

"He's really here, buddy," I gave him a faint smile as I stepped to the side allowing Dean to come in. I had been hoping deep down that Luke would stay asleep and whatever business Dean needed could be handled.

Dean stepped forward as a small choking sounding breath had escaped his mouth as he looked at Luke — it was mostly unnoticeable to be heard. I've never seen Dean be so emotional in situations like this.

"Hey, kid," he smiled brightly as Luke ran to him and Dean scooped him up easily holding him tight. "You've gotten so big!"

Luke squeezed his neck tightly with a bright smile on his face. The brightest I had seen in a long time and it made me happy that he could smile so bright. I clapped my hands together as I stepped back and began walking towards the kitchen.

"Well, Dean I can't offer you a beer but I can offer you water or coffee and a piece of pie," I give him a small smile to make this visit seem as natural as I possibly can. He placed Luke down who began tugging on Dean's hand out of excitement.

"Uncle Dean! Uncle Dean! Come look at all of my cool cars!"

"Luke, let him get a breath," I laughed as I grabbed the apple pie from the refrigerator

"He's all right, Dill," Dean laughed and locked eyes with me for a moment, and I couldn't help be to notice that his eyes read something important. There was something he wanted to talk with me about, and I had only hoped it wasn't what was coursing through my mind.

Why hadn't Sam come with him? Surely Sam would have if it was a chance to see Luke and myself.

I chewed on my lip as I slid the container of apple pie onto the counter slowly.

"Hey, sweetie how about you go gather some cool cars for Uncle Dean and bring them to him, yeah? How does that sound?" I gave him a faint smile as I ruffled his hair slightly.

"Awesome!" he took off running toward his room then I had wasted no time asking the question running through my mind as soon as he was out of ear shot, yet I stayed quiet just in case.

"Where's Sam?"

"Dillon — "

"Don't give me some bull crap answer. Where is Sam? He would have came with you to see us."

He let out a sigh as he glanced over my shoulder to make sure Luke had still been in his room then locked eyes with my hazel ones again. I raised my brows as if telling him to spit it out.

"Look, he went on a little hunting trip and I just haven't heard much, all right? I'm kinda worried, that's why I'm here. I told you I wouldn't have came if it wasn't important and you know that," he gave me a sincere look that I really couldn't just push away, but I couldn't help but continue to think about the safety of my son.

"He went by himself? Why didn't you go with him?" I cocked a brow as my arms crossed over my chest.

"We kinda got into it, ya know? He wanted to leave to get away for a bit but he promised that if he needed me he would call me, but this was .. few days .. a week ago maybe?"