Worth losing?

Chapter

CAELUM'S POV:

I looked at her bundled against my body.

Last night she was so afraid to share the same bed with me, but after she drifted away into the endless river of sleep, she became as careless as an elephant.

She twisted and turned for over an hour and then came to rest on my chest. I was jolted awake. But then had fallen asleep holding her.

But then I saw her.

This was more erotic than romantic.

I mean, I knew that it was just 7 in the morning but the warmth of her body against mine was enough for me to get drunk on. I didn't know what to do. Her silk shorts and tank top didn't help either

I had had girls trying to get hookie, then I had seen girls trying to get close. But she wasn't like them.

Was she?

She was soft like a cotton ball, curled next to me. Her cheek resting on my chest and her open hair splayed behind her.

Either she was wildly naïve or dangerously intelligent.

Either way, she scared me.

If only she was one of those money whores, it would have been so easy to punish her, to make her suffer.

But this girl smiled like the sun and cried like the rain.

I looked at her, her soft lips and pale cheeks, the edge of her jawline.

She must've had so many lovers. That face alone could buy her a life but here she was lying next to me.

'How dangerous' I thought, 'to finally have something worth losing?'

I was terrified, NO! NO WAY! I COULDN'T THINK THIS WAY.

All girls are the same, they use you then step away. They all love the light, but as soon as they see the darkness, they run, they run with those pretty little feet and then never come back.

I wouldn't be a victim again. I never will.

Love is a disease that can never be cured. It can be reduced and shaped, but to kill it, you yourself will have to die.

I layed there, looking at the ceiling.

My whole life I had craved for a home and not a house. Never had anything close to a family. That was my fate, and I had made peace with that a long time ago.

And this girl, she was to be my little porcelain doll. She would never be anything else.

She had insulted me once and it was more like my duty to return the favor.

I got up and went to freshen up.