Say you won't let go🎵

Chapter

"You think you can love boy?!" he smirked through the grimace of pain.

An eighteen-year-old clenched his jaw as he shot another bullet into the man's half-dead body.

The man screeched in pain but the very next instant, the smug smile on his face came back. He lulled again,

"You are my blood and our blood demands death."

The boy cocked his gun again but the man tied to the metal bars laughed, spilling out blood from his filthy mouth,

"You can never love anyone with that cruel heart," he grinned wider revealing his bloody teeth, "You will forever be deprived of love."

A vicious smile spread across the boy's lips, "That's a good thing." he said before opening fire on his bastard dad.

The body shook as the bullets entered every inch of his now limp body. Life drained out from his half-open eyes as the sound of every shot rang across the walls of the empty warehouse.

The bloodied body sat limp as new bullets entered and embedded into it.

The gap between Caelum and the body started closing slowly. The floor sloped forward as he slipped ahead. But never once did the bullets stop.

The dead man's lips parted and his eyes opened to reveal the whites of his eyes.

Caelum screamed but the space between them still depleted.

The man laughed through the blood and gore reaching his face forward, opening his jaw.

The jaw unhinged itself and grew wider and wider until it was big enough to swallow the young boy.

"YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME BOY." A voice screeched as the mouth took in his entire head.

"I AM NOTHING LIKE YOU!" he screamed back as his breathing turned to panting and his eyes opened in reality.

He blinked twice to confirm that the ceiling he stared at was not the roof of his dad's mouth.

He glanced at the big French windows. The night was cold and calm.
He had seen this dream countless times and every time he had been a coward who had ran away or screamed his lungs out begging for mercy, but not this time.

Nothing much felt different but his heart felt lighter. He allowed himself to look at the lady beside him.

His wife.

Rosette's hair was sprawled behind her as she slept on Caelum's arm, claiming it as her own custom-made pillow.

He turned a little more to face her and observed her face in the dim light.

He smiled at the fact how there were seven billion people in the world yet her face looked the most perfect to him.

When she had said, 'I love you' that last time with tears dancing on her cheeks, he had waited for a 'but' but instead came a kiss and a 'no matter what'...

He knew he loved her even more than life. For the first time, he had felt his heart beat for someone's presence. He knew he was no more like that man.

Because he had loved. He had found the one he wanted to grow old and brittle with.

He held her close to his body as though she was all of life. He loved her the way they described in books... in dreams.

"I love you." He whispered against her ear pressing a kiss on her temple.

Rosette's fingers found their way to his t-shirt and clutched the fabric like a baby.

And like that, they fell asleep while they fell a little more in love.