Him and I🎵

Chapter

"Are you ready yet?" Caelum asked looking at a half-dazed Rosette who sat wearing a black dress.

ROSETTE'S OUTFIT:

At Mr. Carter's funeral, Amy had asked them to come for a family diner. Rosette had been screaming through the small smile on her face for Caelum to say no. But instead, he had accepted the offer with nothing more than a smile.

CAELUM'S OUTFIT:

"Rosette." He called again. She hadn't spoken a word to him after that.

He paced to Rose, who was sitting in front of the mirror, and turned the chair around to face him.

She looked up at him. Her eyes hollow. She had hoped never to step into that house again. Caelum knew that and yet he had agreed to spend a torturous dinner there.

"Why?" she asked, closing her eyes.

"I'm sorry." He replied.

"I don't wanna go. Please let me stay at home." She pleaded, opening her eyes.

He brushed his thumb on her cheek and bent low to meet her eyes, "Can you trust me?" he asked, "I will make sure that today is the end of your past.... But can you trust me?", his dark blue trenching eyes pleading and waiting for an answer.

She bit her lips, she trusted him, but was that okay? She gulped and slowly nodded her head,

"I trust you." She whispered.

He straightened up to his full height and was about to say something, but then his phone rang.

He reached his hand in his pocket and took it out looking at the name, he picked it up without a moment of hesitation.

"Venetia, how's everything going?" he asked., as he started walking to the door. Before stepping out he looked over his shoulder and beckoned Rose to follow.

Rose nodded. 'Venetia, a girl's name' she thought. She had never heard that name in the office, but she kind of remembered the name from somewhere

The way Caelum spoke to her so informally bothered her. Was she just delusional and paranoid? Was it okay to trust him?