Beautiful mistakes🎵

Chapter

Rosette's POV:

Lying down in bed after noon was indeed a luxury. My body still felt sore in many weird places. It sure was troublesome but not more than my mind. The stupid thing kept replaying yesterday night like a broken TV.

I could barely look at him without sinking my eyes on his lips and the fact that he was content on making most of his Sunday by staying home didn't help much either.

He was sitting on the sofa across the bed reading a book and sipping on black coffee.

For quite some time now I was pretending to be asleep.

The thought of talking to him like everyday was foreign. The morning had been a daze of water and warmth. But since I had not cleared the line of the mistake.. it had all become awkward. What exactly would I have said even if I could. I couldn't lie about the sex, or fake memory loss when every eye contact resulted with me becoming a tomato.

Without even realizing, I groaned at my insolence.

His eyes snapped away from the book to me.

"You're up?" he asked.

"Yes." I replied, sitting up slowly. I was changed into a cotton nightgown, and though it still hurt a little here and there, the pain wasn't brutal. I had to thank Jasmine and her cooling ointments for the last part.

"Good" he said. Before returning back to his book.

This was awkward. He had seemed fine in the morning. Was something wrong now?

I slowly slipped out of the bed, testing my legs if they could walk before making way towards the my purse that hung on the wall.

"So... you are going to come back to your room." I asked in attempt of making small talk while rummaging through my purse for my phone.

"Yes if you're fine by that." he replied barely looking up.

What? I let out an awkward chuckle.

"why wont I be fine... after all it was your room sir." I replied finally grabbing my phone from the back zip.

He slapped the hard cover book shut loudly. I almost dropped my phone and jumped out of my skin

"Cant you just call me by my name, or are you still terrified of me?" he asked with the same calm and cold aura that drove me nuts.

"Your name.. Cal.." I could not say his name. the memories of his name leaving my lips like juicy moans, stripped my senses.

I squeezed my lips shut and blinked twice to sweep that picture away from my head.

The devil of a man knew exactly what I was reminiscing because he leaned back in his seat, with that cunning smile forming on his face.

"What's wrong?" his smirk grew wider, "Do you perhaps prefer calling me something like, honey, babe, darling-,"

"Caelum." I gulped the memories down as I pronounced the inauspicious name.

"Good." He said, a smile of triumph on his face.

I sighed lightly before pressing the start button of my phone. It was out of battery.

I plugged it near the dressing table. My mouth still tasted bitter due to that hangover juice.

I usually kept the water on the little tea table in front of the sofa. I dared not keep it at the nightstand. Last time I did so, I toppled it over in my sleep.