Sleep

Chapter

Caelum entered the bedroom. His eyebrows were drawn together.

He looked at Rose who was asleep. Cocooned between the soft silk sheets, she looked so innocent, so calm and peaceful. It was an effort not to kiss her.

Did other males also feel this way around her? Which bastard had she lost it with? Was it Rowan? He had made it quite obvious that he had had a thing for her.

Oh man! How he had wished to rip out Rowan's throat with his bare fingers. But then again how could he blame Rowan when he himself couldn't take his eyes off her when he had first seen her.

And the mere thought of Rose and Rowan meeting when he wasn't around, heated his nerves.

Rubbing his face he changed into his night wear and got in bed. He closed his eyes hoping that sleep would claim him before he would start thinking about the face sleeping beside him.

He could not sleep. He propped himself on an elbow and allowed his eyes to devour her face and the cleavage running deep into that soft nightgown of hers.

Oh how he would love to peel all those pieces of clothing away. Slowly. Taking in the soft sight of her gorgeous body.

Shit no. He stomped and strangled those wild thoughts with claws and every ounce of strength he had after the long day of work.

He didn't look away from her, Couldn't look away from her. Those soft curls framing her face and plum lips beckoning him closer were just terrifying. He brushed the back of his fingers along her cheek. Her lips twitched and her eyes fluttered open.

She stared at him wide eyed. She did not blink. She did not move. It was as if time had frozen her in that second.

Caelum knew what she was thinking. But he wanted to tell her, just make sure that she knew that he would never force himself on her. But trust is hard earned.

He cleared his throat and said, "Just wanted to let you know I was back." He slowly retreated his hand and lay on his back closing his eyes, his thoughts were so wild he feared that pretty face of her.

"And?" she asked.

He looked at her, And I want you on top of me kissing the air out of my lungs. He wanted to say it out and loud but bit his tongue hard enough to clear those thoughts away. He was grateful for the blanket. It hid that aching piece of his body.

"And tomorrow you'll have to go to the office with me." He closed his eyes again

"As your assistant?" she asked curious. Her fears melting away.

Caelum's tilted his face and smirked. "Would that satisfy you, dear wife?" His eyes were full of something... something so predatory, so wild that Rose had to blink twice before breaking the stare.

She straightened her head and looked at the ceiling above. That was all she could do to calm the throbbing ache between her legs.

...............................................

The sun was bright on her face. She fluttered her eyes as she looked out of the window. Her hands clutching her purse so tight, that her knuckles looked white. She glanced up at Caelum, his eyes quickly found hers. She fluttered them back to the window.

That morning she had woken up cradled in his arms. She was shocked to find him so close. She was scared but then she had noticed that she was on his side of the bed. His face had been just inches from her lips. she had unknowing stroked a finger down his cheek. And his eyes had shot open and she had made her escape to the washroom. Her ears flushed red at the memory.

Caelum sat on the other side. He could basically see Rose sweating in the AC car.

The car halted infront of the big glass paneled building. She looked at him hoping he would tell her to go home and be his trophy wife, hoping he'd say that she was useless and she better be at home. But instead he said,

"Welcome dear wife."

.................................................