*My Former Best Friend is a Killer*

I grew up in Detroit, Michigan. When I was in the 5th grade, I started going to a middle school named "Dorothy Fisher Magnet Middle School". It was there that I met Patrick Selepak. We became really good friends very quickly. He was smart, funny, charming, good looking and kind-hearted.....or so I thought.

We were best friends until I moved out of the city of Detroit and attended a different middle/high school. We lost touch when we were about 15/16 years old. I always wondered what happened to him and I thought of him often over the years. In February 2006, I heard about the murder of Melissa Berels and her husband Scott. They lived a few miles down the road from me. Melissa was 10 weeks pregnant. Patrick befriended Melissa after shopping at the grocery store where she worked. He wanted more out of the relationship then just friends. He followed her home one day and convinced Melissa to let him and his girlfriend, Samantha, come in and hang out for a while.

Patrick had guns with him. He hit Melissa in the head with the gun and knocked her to the ground. He proceeded to strangle her with a belt. He convinced his girlfriend to help him because it was "taking too long" for her to die. During this, Melissa's husband came home. He was hit in the head with a gun and then locked in the bathroom while Pat and his girlfriend finished killing Melissa. Once she was dead they turned their attention to Scott.

Samantha went to CVS and got duct tape, syringes and a few other things. They tried injecting bleach into Scott's veins to kill him. That did not work. Scott was tortured for about 4 hours before he finally succumbed to his injuries. Pat and Samantha moved the bodies to a back room. They wrapped them in painters plastic and duct taped it. They covered the bodies with a tarp and then they left.

Melissa's parents called the police to do a welfare check when she did not show up for work. Police found the bodies under the tarp in a room the Berel's were decorating for the baby they were going to have. Patrick and Samantha fled the Berel's house in their car. They also had stolen the couple's personal documents so they could assume their identities.

Somehow Pat and Samantha ended up in Flint Michigan. They met a man at a gay club and he offered them a place to stay. They stayed with him for 3 days before the man saw the news and tried to convince Pat to turn himself in. The man walked outside saying he was going to get the police himself. Patrick flipped out and shot the man in the back. Pat then walked up to the man and shot him in the head. Pat and Samantha wrapped this man up the same way he did the Berel's and they put his body in the back of the man's pickup truck and covered it with a tarp.

The next day, a friend of Samantha's called and asked Sam if she would give her a ride to a job interview. Samantha said they would. Before Pat and Samantha got to the girls house, she saw on TV that they were wanted for murder. She still let them pick her up for the interview. They drove the girl to the hotel where her interview was. She asked them to wait there for her, because she wouldn't be long. As soon as she got inside the hotel she called the police. When police arrived they restrained Patrick and Samantha and found the body in the bed of the truck.

Patrick and Samantha are both serving life sentences with no possibility of parole. Patrick and Samantha were featured on the ID channels show "Wicked Attraction". The title of the episode is "Single White Male" which aired in 2009. If anyone would like to verify the story, there are millions of links on google. Their full names are Patrick Selepak and Samantha Bachynski.